• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  3. Which sequel to play first?

User Info: -Clodia-

-Clodia-
4 years ago#1
So I ordered Goodbye Despair and Another Episode and don't know which to play first. Should I play chronologically storywise or should I stick to the order the games actually were released? I ask with the question in mind if there would be spoilers for GD in AE that would ruin the fun, that's my only concern really. I can't think of anything big since AE takes place before GD, but it may be. If there are spoilers regarding the Future Foundation , I don't care since I was already spoilered about that sadly. Or the fact that The killing game in the first game has not been the first one , although I don't know much more about that than, well, that. Or the fact that There is some kind of Junko virus in the Monokuma robot. I don't know if I understood that right, but if not, please don't correct me on this one.

So are there any other spoilers that could ruin the second game for me? Because actually I kinda want to play AE first, for the sake of some different game play.

User Info: XcZeus3469

XcZeus3469
4 years ago#2
Dr1->DR2->DR:AE->DR:0->Dr3 anime

playing AE will ruin quite a bit of dr2
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
psn: https://psnprofiles.com/RGCommander

User Info: -Clodia-

-Clodia-
4 years ago#3
Thank you. That's a shame, because I really wanna play AE first, but if it could ruin things in DR2 I will play it afterwards.

I didn't knew there was a DR3 anime. I just knew there was a third game that will be released in Europe in September.

User Info: XcZeus3469

XcZeus3469
4 years ago#4
yeah the anime....uh....well...it was intended to wrap up Hope's Peak Arc. What it actually did was create a giant cluster f*** with something resembling a conclusion. Remember to watch it in the alternating order of Future arc1->Despair arc1->Future arc2->despair arc2....Futurearc12->side:hope, because they did this really convoluted thing where causality is told to f*** off and the past and future justify each other.

On a happier note, the game released in September, Danganronpa v3: Killing Harmony is a new story arc separate from the events of the first 3 games and the anime. I don't know all the details about it myself as I have religiously avoided the subreddit,wiki, and boards about it to avoid spoiling myself since it was released in Japan, but I'll be there day1 to help people connect events once I see how things play out. Since I'm not late to the party this time I'll probably help write a walkthrough/analysis of v3 if I'm not too busy with work.

Oh yeah one more thing I mentioned in my first post, try to read Danganronpa Zero, or at least the wiki summary. I would advise that after playing 2 or AE but before watching the animes. It explains a lot of background about how things came to be.
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
psn: https://psnprofiles.com/RGCommander
  1. Boards
  2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  3. Which sequel to play first?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A