• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: HaloFan3000

HaloFan3000
3 years ago#1
Maybe I am just unlucky but so far I have yet to receive anything that makes the perk/perks seem worth it.
If you're seriously asking me if you need to delete windows, you need to stop touching things and find someone who knows what they're doing.

User Info: AranElessedil

AranElessedil
3 years ago#2
Low level character and hireling? no. Higher level character and hireling Lv? yes. I usually get five items every 12hours generally with dwarven oil and grain solvent in the message. It's not a quick way, agreed, but it's a bonus more than anything else.
3DS FC: 3754 - 7568 - 3075
Currently Playing: Super Smash Brothers (3DS), MH3U & MH4U (3DS), ESO (XB1)

User Info: HaloFan3000

HaloFan3000
3 years ago#3
Ah, that makes sense. I'll just wait till I'm a higher level to start putting points into it then.
If you're seriously asking me if you need to delete windows, you need to stop touching things and find someone who knows what they're doing.

User Info: Darwin_Fish2

Darwin_Fish2
3 years ago#4
Very! Hirelings and researching traits for your crafting are the two most important things that people only realize in hindsight.

Hirelings are the biggest way to make money, in the long run. The first skill point you spend in Hirelings, no so much. But the second, and especially, third skill point makes a difference. The third skill point often causes the hireling to bring a delivery every 12 hours, provided you have logged in twice that day (at least 12 hours from last login).

Think of it this way: hirelings have maybe a 20% chance of bringing you a rare or high quality crafting item. On any given day, that's nothing to get excited about. But, over the period of a week, you are gonna get one or two rare items. And, for no extra effort on your part. You play the game anyway, so why not have a passive delivery q24hr or q12hr.

Now, here's where it really pays off. I have a main character, level 50 Provisioning, with the provisioning max level hireling. I also made 4 alternative characters, got a bunch of low level recipes for each and ground out provisions till they also got to level 48 provisioning. Spent just enough skill points to get the max hireling for each. Now every morning, I log in to each character, log back out. Do it again after work. It takes an extra 5 to 6 minutes. Then I play my game on my main character, doing whatever I want. I have 10 hireling deliveries each day. 20% chance of a purple ingredient each delivery x 10 deliveries per day. Guess how many Frost Mirriam and Bervez Juice i have already? I am statistically guaranteed to churn out stacks of purple provisions every week, that I can sell for thousands of gold, and with no more than 6 minutes of effort twice per day. No additional need to grind. They do the work for me.

I am now working towards my 6th character.
XBox Live Gamertag = Methadone Man
I can get you access to an Aldmeri Dominion social guild or cross-alliance trading/crafting guild. Message me on Live.

User Info: Darwin_Fish2

Darwin_Fish2
3 years ago#5
Oh, and I leveled up each character's clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking to level 3, found a few skyshards, and then spent one skill point in the lowest hireling for each of those in my alt characters. It's only a very small chance of getting a good item, but cumulatively it will add up. And I already made the alt characters for provisioning hirelings, so why not add in those as well. I'm not even a woodworker, but I have pitch being delivered that I can sell or trade.

Even if you do blacksmithing, it is still worth spending one skill point in the other two (clothing, woodworking) hirelings so you have a chance to get trait jewels as well as racial crafting supplies. Just toss the unwanted raw hide scraps in your guild bank or sell to merchant. Hirelings for one craft benefit the others since certain items are shared.

The key to making money in this game is to figure out how to make the game work for you while not even playing. Hirelings bring you stuff while you ain't paying. And, bounties fade in real time when you are logged off. Don't just log off. Run to your local armory or town building that has no guards inside it, steal all the stuff in sight, and then log off. When you log back in, your bounty is gone and now you can sell the stolen items or deconstruct and sell the mats. You're gonna log off anyway. Why not take the extra 1 minute to go jack all the items in the bank area or armory. No need to wait to be "hidden". Steal, then immediately log off. Let the game do the work for you while you are away. This is the absolute fastest way to level up your crafting. Steal with impunity, right in front of the NPCs, log off, then log in later minus the bounty, and deconstruct to level up your crafting and get free mats.
XBox Live Gamertag = Methadone Man
I can get you access to an Aldmeri Dominion social guild or cross-alliance trading/crafting guild. Message me on Live.

User Info: AxelPoe

AxelPoe
3 years ago#6
In short, hell yes. I've already gotten a few rare items from hirelings, including Daedric Hearts.
"There is no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."
  • Topic Archived