• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Priss_Lance

Priss_Lance
6 years ago#1
New player to DE:HR, and I'm having trouble with a particular aspect of the game. I'm aiming for a stealth run of the game (until the boss battles I hear about), and I'm trying to disarm some mines that prevent me from progressing. According to the Wiki, the mines can be disarmed by approaching it via sneaking, yet I do that and they still explode. I've tried hugging cover to approach them, they blow up. I tried cloaking, they blow up as well.

How can I disarm these mines without resorting to triggering them with thrown objects or just outright shooting them?
"Warriors of fate, you shall dance bravely. Use your golden wings, and fly to the skies. "

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
6 years ago#2
You probably still have running enabled (not sprinting). You need to crouch *and* walk (toggle run off). If you do that, they're a piece of cake to disarm.

User Info: eolsunder

eolsunder
6 years ago#3
Yep, you have to be crouched, AND walking, not running so turn off your caps-lock. This allows you to approach the mine without triggering it. If you aren't doing both the mine will explode when you get into range. If you ARE doing both you can walk right up to it.
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Walkthrough by eolsunder 6 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough (X360) by Absolute Steve 6 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A