• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  3. "Players can now use Jensen augmentation powers more freely" observations?

User Info: pwner1

pwner1
6 years ago#1
I played the original on PS3 and now got this on Steam. The phrase on the topic appears on listed changes/overhauls on the Director's Cut version and I'd like to know if that is complete lies or was the level design changed aside from bosses.
PSN ID: Mualaispoeka

User Info: Nenina

Nenina
6 years ago#2
I played both the original and the director's cut. The director's cut adds more weapons and tools available from sellers. Idk what they're talking about with "using augmentation powers more freely," but there is a +NG mode where you can carry your praxis points over to a new game.

Director's cut adds one new chapter after the second visit to Hensha. Aside from adding new rooms to bosses, I didn't see any redone areas in the old levels. Toilets are black now. For me, Directors cut has worse performance than the original, and you can see many complaints on the same by googling.

User Info: Ravenpoe121

Ravenpoe121
6 years ago#3
In the original, only one energy cell would recharge to full on its own if your power was depleted, and you had to eat power bars to recharge more, so you would sometimes have to conserve your power usage if you didn't have any energy bars or candy to eat.

Now, base cell recharge has been raised to 2 cells, meaning you can use more powers while just relying on base recharge instead of relying on consumables.

User Info: clowning

clowning
6 years ago#4
The power cells not not charging on their own without eating food was so dumb....you can ace the game with just two power cells.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
6 years ago#5
clowning posted...
The power cells not not charging on their own without eating food was so dumb....you can ace the game with just two power cells.

You can do "ace" the game without ever using an augment.

User Info: clowning

clowning
6 years ago#6
Mattheau posted...
clowning posted...

You can do "ace" the game without ever using an augment.

Well, that's true, the augs are pretty useless in that respect. You don't need any of them at all.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: JINJ0

JINJ0
6 years ago#7
I'm playing DC and only one cell automatically recharges. Are you sure that changed?

Edit: Okay, just read that GMDE might bring it back to one cell. No biggie, just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy. :)
… … … … ../--~~,~~--,:”~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  3. "Players can now use Jensen augmentation powers more freely" observations?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
my faqeolsunder26/21 7:04PM

GameFAQs Q&A