• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. So do Nintendo and Retro hate K. Rool and the Kremlings or something?

User Info: Thenumber1yoshi

Thenumber1yoshi
7 years ago#1
I am thankful to at least have Dixie and Water Levels back, but doesn't it seem sort of weird that K. Rool and his army are not just left out of DKCR but also it's sequel as well? I mean do Nintendo and Retro Studios have some sort of personal vendetta against the enemies Rare created? I mean do they have something personal against those characters? Because its almost seeming like they do considering the fact they want to pretend they never existed.

User Info: LinkTheLefty

LinkTheLefty
7 years ago#2
I believe someone said that King K. Rool or Kremlings would make a return if they made a sequel. I wouldn't hold your breath, but an appearance is still possible.
"A gas leak after AoL makes the people of Hyrule lose their minds. The CD-i games take place after this event." ~ BrentD1992

User Info: mrplow8

mrplow8
7 years ago#3
Maybe they think K. Rool is too similar to Bowser. Personally, I don't mind them using different villains. I just though the Tiki Masks were boring. Walrus Vikings are a lot cooler.

User Info: FunkyKong84

FunkyKong84
7 years ago#4
I think that they said that they were kinda goofy.

Apart from that, they wanna leave their marks on the games they make.

I really hope they'll use the Kremlings for the next game.
MKW rooms: 5414-1751-1872, bikes: 2321-8230-2740
karts: 2193-9930-0913, 3DS: 1762-2720-2528

User Info: NintendoDS

NintendoDS
7 years ago#5
FunkyKong84 posted...
I think that they said that they were kinda goofy.

Apart from that, they wanna leave their marks on the games they make.

I really hope they'll use the Kremlings for the next game.

That's a crappy excuse, because the new enemies are even goofier, especially the tikis. I like that the vikings seem to fit a similar theme to the kremlings though, like the pirate gimmick, except they're vikings, but that could've been done with kremlings and K. Rool was one of my favorite Nintendo villains cuz of how he appeared everytime with a new persona/costume and plan and seemed to have some kind of personality disorder. Sad to see a good villain go to waste :(
Nintendo DS has become self-aware

User Info: NintendoDS

NintendoDS
7 years ago#6
Also it's weird that we don't see ANY familiar enemies, not even Zingers, gnawties, ect. I also miss the decoy barrel Kremlings that popped out when you walk near what you think is an empty barrel.
Nintendo DS has become self-aware

User Info: bskiffington

bskiffington
7 years ago#7
Is it possible they can't use them because they belong to Rare?

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
7 years ago#8
bskiffington posted...
Is it possible they can't use them because they belong to Rare?

Once again, the Kremlings have appeared in Nintendo games since Rare left. Super Mario Sluggers had them and King K.Rool as well. They even had trophies in Brawl.

Diddy and Dixie were also created by Rare as well. So if it were legal issues they wouldn't be in this.

User Info: brainfreeze10

brainfreeze10
7 years ago#9
I much prefer what they're doing. New enemies every game is vastly more interesting to me. I don't know why it bothers people so much either, is it purely nostalgia? Because it the context of the game, the tikis/vikings aren't hurting anything.
Nintendo Network ID: Brainfreeze10 (Robert)
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299

User Info: Iggy_Koopa

Iggy_Koopa
7 years ago#10
brainfreeze10 posted...
I much prefer what they're doing. New enemies every game is vastly more interesting to me. I don't know why it bothers people so much either, is it purely nostalgia? Because it the context of the game, the tikis/vikings aren't hurting anything.

Even in the original trilogy the enemies were pretty much different every game (save for Zingers, who looked the same) so it's not like there wasn't any variety. Even the Kremlings looked different every game (due to their leader K. Rool being...well crazy). I suppose in a way it is like the Wario series in terms of villains. Wario has gained MANY enemies over the years...he has Captain Syrup, Rudy the Clown, the Dark Jewel, Tiaramisu, the Shake King, etc...but the only one I've noticed that people tend to care about is Captain Syrup... to the point one would call her the main villain of the series. I kind of see the same thing happening here.

I'm starting to think that Nintendo does hate K. Rool nowadays... I mainly wanted him in because it would cement his place in Smash (Even though I think that Smash dictates Retro, not the other way around), and would pretty much seal his place as the Donkey Kong series main villain... like Bowser is to Mario.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. So do Nintendo and Retro hate K. Rool and the Kremlings or something?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A