• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. They can't use the Kremlings because of Rare?

User Info: SonicNash

SonicNash
7 years ago#1
The Kremlings only shown up when Rare started making DK games. Ever since Rare for Micro$oft, Nintendo gave up on Donkey Kong games until Retro Studio were in charge but they used those boring Tiki Tak tribes crap.

So is it because they don't have the right or Nintendo is just scared of using them?

User Info: Iggy_Koopa

Iggy_Koopa
7 years ago#2
The Kremlings have appeared in Nintendo games after Rare left. The most recent game was Super Mario Sluggers which had both K. Rool and Kritters... How this information hasn't got around by now baffles me...

SonicNash
7 years ago#3
Why still not use them? Its like a Mario game without any Goomba and Koopa. Instead of being stuck fighting generic mindless animals.

Oh, I will beat up this penguin who is simply wandering around.

Hell, its look like K. Rool still won't be in a Smash.

Iggy_Koopa
7 years ago#4
I think Retro just doesn't like the Kremling Krew, simple as that. You must admit however, that these vikings are WAAAAAAY better than the boring Tiki Tak Tribe they came up with last game. I will miss the crocodilians with Klever names...This game pretty much says they aren't coming back...It's like the Wario series in a way with many villains but only one that people actually care about. I still hope for K. Rool in Smash, but he's seeming far less likely... At least we have Dixie!

User Info: NintendoDS

NintendoDS
7 years ago#5
Yeah I'm wondering why Nintendo's pretending the Kremlings and K. Rool never existed all the sudden. They were in Mario Strikers and K. Rool was in Mario Sluggers Wii and now all the sudden Nintendo's mysteriously pretending they dont exist. Why were the DKC games removed from the Wii VC? It's really weird, I guess we'll never know.
Nintendo DS has become self-aware

SonicNash
7 years ago#6
NintendoDS posted...
Yeah I'm wondering why Nintendo's pretending the Kremlings and K. Rool never existed all the sudden. They were in Mario Strikers and K. Rool was in Mario Sluggers Wii and now all the sudden Nintendo's mysteriously pretending they dont exist. Why were the DKC games removed from the Wii VC? It's really weird, I guess we'll never know.

They were removed?!? Wow...

As long they don't bring Baby Kong or whatever his name is from Country 3.

I did check the screenshot, they are better than the Tiki Tak tribe but they still don't feel threatening like the Kremlings were.

Also miss K. Rool's theme, wanted to hear how Retro Studio would remix it in Returns.

Iggy_Koopa
7 years ago#7
I supose crocodiles are scarier looking than penguins/walruses since the former eat bigger prey than fish/clams/krill and reptiles tend to have the "evil" reputation. Also...you know...those teeth. The real sad fact is that unlike the Tiki Tak Tribe, the viking theme totally fit K. Rool's modus operandi...

Though a bigger question is...what will replace Zingers this time around? How you could go wrong with a giant wasp puzzles me.

User Info: NintendoDS

NintendoDS
7 years ago#8
Yeah what's weird is they didn't just replace the Kremlings, they replaced ALL of the familiar enemies in the original trilogy :/ Zingers, gnawtys, all of them.
Nintendo DS has become self-aware

User Info: GooperBlooper

GooperBlooper
7 years ago#9
Retro is going for their own identity in the DK series.

Also, jeez people, you will never learn. Kremlings are a Nintendo property, just like Dixie and Diddy Kong. Don't forget that those two were also created by Rare. Basically every DK except DK himself was created by Rare. Nintendo owns all those properties, Kremlings no exception. K. Rool and Bowser have appeared in a game together.
The Blooper has spoken.

User Info: macapala

macapala
7 years ago#10
NintendoDS posted...

*X-Files theme starts playing*

ITS A CONSPIRACY!
"If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. They can't use the Kremlings because of Rare?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A