• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Why does Subscription cost so much?

User Info: Ramzee_T

Ramzee_T
3 years ago#1
I'm annoyed that I brought this game having made it so far but then a message stating I need to pay money to continue to play is very upsetting.14.99 a month?Seems extreme considering how old this game is but is there any other way to continue with paying?I dont have the money to pay 14.99 a month because of other bills I'm am already paying,so why can't they bring the price down to something more realistic like $9.99 I mean really.

User Info: LordKeto

LordKeto
3 years ago#2
Instead of 14.99 you can pay the 12.99 entry fee each month
PSN: LordKeto

User Info: adb007123

adb007123
3 years ago#3
LordKeto posted...

Also did you not read up on the game before you bought it?

Wow is much older and still 14.99 a month
Psn mehmoregames

User Info: Astroshak

Astroshak
3 years ago#4
$15/month is the industry standard for subscription rates. It was set long before WoW or even Everquest arrived on scene.

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
3 years ago#5
you should research what you buy prior to buying. ARR didn't cost you that much. i'm sure you have bought 40 dollar games before and only played it few weeks or less. well for 40 bucks you can play this for months

User Info: LordKeto

LordKeto
3 years ago#6
adb007123 posted...
LordKeto posted...

You can pay 12.99 for one character per world
PSN: LordKeto

Ramzee_T
3 years ago#7
LordKeto posted...
adb007123 posted...
LordKeto posted...

You can pay 12.99 for one character per world

That takes the fun out of the game and u would have to be stupid to only want 1 race character,.no thanks ,I like to enjoy full exspsrienw.
(message deleted)

Ramzee_T
3 years ago#9
patcooper114 posted...
you should research what you buy prior to buying. ARR didn't cost you that much. i'm sure you have bought 40 dollar games before and only played it few weeks or less. well for 40 bucks you can play this for months

Research what I buy?Dude I brought this on psn,u expect me to read those tiny words for a game thats suppose to be owned once purchased? If most games required you to play before play then it would definitely be my fault.Dcuo doesn't require you to pay for the entire access of the game,soo I dont know why this one does and I think its silly ans ridiculous but thats just me

User Info: Nazha

Nazha
3 years ago#10
Ramzee_T posted...
patcooper114 posted...

Research what I buy?Dude I brought this on psn,u expect me to read those tiny words for a game thats suppose to be owned once purchased? If most games required you to play before play then it would definitely be my fault.Dcuo doesn't require you to pay for the entire access of the game,soo I dont know why this one does and I think its silly ans ridiculous but thats just me

It tells you in the product description it requires monyhly subscription. And IIRC DCUO started off as a monthly sub game too.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Why does Subscription cost so much?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A