• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mad Max
  3. How open world is it?

User Info: Titan_Warfare

Titan_Warfare
4 years ago#1
debating getting this. is there any info on replay ability, side quests or map size?

User Info: Chisoka

Chisoka
4 years ago#2
The map will be huge, something along the lines of Just Cause 2 & 3 from ehat I've gathered. Given that it's an Avalanche game, be prepared to put a lot of hours into it. The only thing that I'm concerned about is repetition.

User Info: hellslave

hellslave
4 years ago#3
The majority of the map seems to be nothing more than sand-covered wasteland, so while it may in fact be fairly large, the lack of diversity within the terain and topography may make it come across as actually being pretty small.
(message deleted)

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
4 years ago#5
Only had my eye on this today after seeing the amazing movie last night.

It looks very Mad Max and faithful to the movies.

The only problem I may have is that the map, i.e. wasteland, whilst huge, is too repetitious. Sure, there will be underground areas, secret areas and enemy forts etc but overall, its a bit samey.

Although, that is what mad Max is all about after all, that's the universe he inhabits, so it is faithful to the source.

Now I'm deciding which game will provide me with best gameplay, MGS V or this.

User Info: clownygrin

clownygrin
4 years ago#6
bhamacuk posted...
Only had my eye on this today after seeing the amazing movie last night.

It looks very Mad Max and faithful to the movies.

The only problem I may have is that the map, i.e. wasteland, whilst huge, is too repetitious. Sure, there will be underground areas, secret areas and enemy forts etc but overall, its a bit samey.

Although, that is what mad Max is all about after all, that's the universe he inhabits, so it is faithful to the source.

Now I'm deciding which game will provide me with best gameplay, MGS V or this.

This is how I feel. I think the game looks like it will probably have repetitious areas and things...but I can't see how they could make a true open world Mad Max game without that. Mad Max's world in the movies would be repetitive as well

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
4 years ago#7
I saw one vid where it showed the map and it was very heavily peppered with icons of stuff to check out. I think we're gonna have all kinds of stuff to keep us busy with this game.

Man! I'm really stoked for this game. My most anticipated game of 2015.
I've been gaming since 1974. I've seen/played/been-there-done-that all before, and now I'm bored and posting on forums.

User Info: Claw7DS

Claw7DS
4 years ago#8
Rayder posted...
I saw one vid where it showed the map and it was very heavily peppered with icons of stuff to check out. I think we're gonna have all kinds of stuff to keep us busy with this game...

I created this based off that IGN gameplay map. :) And there's still a large section on the top.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37193335/mad_max_map.jpg

User Info: PhilupBlunt

PhilupBlunt
4 years ago#9
Knowing avalanche studios it will likely be MASSIVE
Philup D. Blunt right here right now

User Info: tosh25

tosh25
4 years ago#10
like the 1 guy said mostly desert but a huge map it won't lack things to do it will be like previous warner bros games arkham series & shadow of mordor but more things to do then shadow of mordor & hopefully more then a 20 missions storyline. i'm getting mgs v and mad max
  1. Boards
  2. Mad Max
  3. How open world is it?
  • Topic Archived