• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Imperial City event discussion flopic

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
1 month ago#1
-you can buy the Soul Shriven skin for ten event tickets. Not really my style but I picked it up. Beats paying a million plus for it.
-some nice Imperial furnishings you normally only get from crown store for 2 tickets each.
-getting the tickets without paying is a bit of a pain. The dungeons aren't all that hard but they're pretty long.
-getting tickets by killing patrolling horrors is a bit of a crap shoot. Can't really camp the spawns. I'm experienced in the city and spent 45 minutes wandering around, all the ones I came across were dead
-you can camp the spawns for the bosses in the sewers. But the sewers are more dangerous pvp wise- lots of choke points you can be ganked at.
-if you haven't done it before and you can find a group it's not a bad time for getting the achievement for killing Molag Bal, it unlocks a nice color.
-if you're not a vampire I'd suggest crafting a set of Nights Silence armor for the stealth movement bonus. And some invisibility potions if you're not a nightblade.
-the city is really fun on a stamblade Vampire. I stalked a small group of AD earlier, watched them and figured out who was the weakest link, picked him off and fled.... yeah, I'm a cowardly Khajit
-if you wanna do the Imperial City story this really isnt a good time. Do it when the events over and the city is largely deserted again.
-if you've collected some Tel Var and don't want to lose them simply queue for a pvp campaign and enter it, doesn't matter which. You'll be warped over there without losing anything. You can then wrap straight back to an Imperial City campaign. Or you can buy a Sigil of Retreat for 20000 alliance points. People love to camp the way back to base in the sewers, if they kill you or the npcs do you lose half your Tel Var.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
1 month ago#2
I got the Soul Shriven skin as well. If I bother getting any event tickets during this event, they’ll be from WGT or ICP runs.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#3
- You can buy the Imperial City DLC for 0 Crowns [yes, ZERO] in crown store right now and it will be unlocked for good.

City might not be as deserted again since DLC is now free, means everyone will have access to it.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
1 month ago#4
Yeah I saw they made the city free. Most of the PvE people I took down there had one or two bad experiences getting ganked and wouldn't go back so I don't think it will do much for the population.

I really think there should be a completely seperate pve City for the 90% of this player base who hate pvp. It really does have a good story, it's a shame more people don't get to enjoy it.
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

the_requiem
1 month ago#6
I went there all by myself earlier, on my PvE stamblade. Ran into a ganker right outside my base in sewers. I had zero TelVar, so went right back in. After two kills he caught on and let me go. Got couple minibosses before running into a bomber zerg. By then base was full and ended up following a big group as they took 10 minutes to fight with the other zerg. Can be fun if you're with friends, just like Cyrodill.

But agree, zone and story look interesting enough to warrant a PvE. Not sure if they'll do it, need to feed easy kills to PvP gankers as Cyrodill does PvP objectives [seige etc.] much better.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: rob99121

rob99121
1 month ago#7
Only took 15 minutes to get tickets on both servers this morning. Can kill the stationary sewer bosses, a lot easier than the patrolling ones. Ran vet ICP for double drops and tickets yesterday. Well done for creating balanced pve/pvp event.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 month ago#8
rob99121 posted...
Can kill the stationary sewer bosses, a lot easier than the patrolling ones.

This. I've soloed some of them with my PvP toon so you don't even need a group if you go there with a PvE toon.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

the_requiem
1 month ago#9
My EU toon is not level50 yet, but there are always folks hanging near the sewer boss closest to base. Took 10 minutes to get tickets on EU, 9 of those spent waiting for boss to spawn.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
1 month ago#10
What's the bare minimum I can do and still get tickets? I hate IC. Every time I go "outside" I get ganked by roving gangs of a******s.
Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Imperial City event discussion flopic
  • Post New Message