• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
3 weeks ago#21
This nerf has me curious though. Puncturing Sweeps didn't get nerfed, praise Jayzus it actually got a tiny buff in cost reduction, but I thought it counted as an AoE DoT. Is it actually a Direct Damage AoE attack?

Are AoE DoT skills even worth slotting at this point?
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 weeks ago#22
Did you just look at skills that got nerfed or also at ones got buffed? I am not a templar dps so can't tell, but since I use Wall of Elements so I know that other morph is the one that everyone is using now. Shards skill is more of a support skill, in fact one of best support skill, than damage skill. So its damage is nerfed to bring it line with sort of damage a support skill should do.

Right now in game AoE DoTs are out performing single target DoTs. Would you call that balanced?

Also, these nerfs are to establish a sort of baseline, going forward expect some of them to get buffed back up again. They're redesigning combat to make it easier on servers so it doesn't lag. At least that is the intention.

Here's the thing. Changes are coming. You have two options, either adapt, or stop playing. And again, I'd recommend try your dps parse on dummy now and try again when patch launches. If it makes you hit like a wet noodle, try other skills. Never know, may find a newer playstyle which you enjoy even more. If not, there are plenty other games.

If I don't enjoy it after the patch, I got MHW:I coming up in september. Am sure you will have other games you can play too.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
3 weeks ago#23
You right. Maybe I'll stop trying to DPS and focus on Tank and Heals.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 weeks ago#24
Do you mostly play solo or with friends?/randoms? If you're still doing story quests etc. continue as dps. You already have way more dps than needed for entire story content.

Tanks struggle solo, but group content is much easier.

I'd recommend wait till patch drops to change role. Two reasons:

1. Check how badly your current build is affected. In some cases just changing to other morph might be enough to offset the loss of dps.
2. We'll get a week of free respec with the patch. So save your gold and change skills to your heart's content when it drops.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing
  • Post New Message