• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: viperlordxx

viperlordxx
1 month ago#11
Templar is going to be in a fantastic place after scalebreaker. The nerf to solar barrage sucks, since they just buffed it with the most recent patch, but things like Entropy and Soul Trap are a much better trade off. Throw in the buffed heals from Rapid Regen and Healing ward, and Magplar is going to be arguably the top class in the game.

From a PVP perspective, a Ranged Magplar is going to be a nightmare to fight against, especially given the buff to Eclipse, another skill that got a huge boost for Templars.

One thing you need to know is to never, ever grow accustomed to one meta or playstyle, since ZoS is quite incompetent when it comes to balancing their own game. Meta is always shifting, as it does for most MMO's, but with ESO that shift is mostly due to ZoS being stupid ass idiots who worry too much about nerfing skills, sets, and classes that casual players can't adapt to, when in reality, they should be worrying about the horrible performance and loss of class identity currently seen in ESO
If this isn't Hell, it's the next best thing

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#12
the_requiem posted...
For your build, you were using those skills coz they were best/meta

Wrong. I used those skills because they fit my play-style. Which is as little spam as possible. So AoE DoT skills fit that perfectly.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#13
viperlordxx posted...
From a PVP perspective, a Ranged Magplar is going to be a nightmare to fight against, especially given the buff to Eclipse, another skill that got a huge boost for Templars.

I PvP as little as possible. :/

viperlordxx posted...
they should be worrying about the horrible performance and loss of class identity currently seen in ESO

Care to explain?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#14
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Which is as little spam as possible. So AoE DoT skills fit that perfectly.

And what do you know, DoT skills got buffs with new patch.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#15
the_requiem posted...
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Which is as little spam as possible. So AoE DoT skills fit that perfectly.

I was literally just told they got nerfed by 30% ?_?

User Info: viperlordxx

viperlordxx
1 month ago#16
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
viperlordxx posted...

I PvP as little as possible. :/

viperlordxx posted...
they should be worrying about the horrible performance and loss of class identity currently seen in ESO

Care to explain?

Certainly. The lag in this game is absolutely horrible as far as PVP is concerned, and it's pretty bad in PVE areas, as well. The choppiness when you load into areas, not being able to switch bars, skills not working, health desyncs, it goes on and on. This is in no way acceptable for a game that's five years old. The game gets progressively worse with each patch, and every single patch, they fix one thing and break five others.

For the class identity issue, they basically made weapon skill lines necessary, requiring a number of classes to use those, instead of their own class skills, to be successful and competitive. Most builds in the current Scalebreaker patch on PC are running the same skills, because they're forced to. Outside of a templars healing and sorcs shields, and the cloak of Nightblades, most classes are starting to bleed into one another, and they're all starting to feel the same. The uniqueness in each class is getting smaller and smaller.
If this isn't Hell, it's the next best thing

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#17
viperlordxx posted...
Certainly

Good run down, and I totally agree about everything. Guess we just hope for the best or stop playing. Do you ever contact any developers with these thoughts?

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#18
the_requiem posted...

"Decreased the damage of Spear Shards and Luminous by approximately 37% per tick, and Blazing Spear by approximately 42% per tick."

"Lightning Splash: Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 37%."

"Solar Barrage: Decreased the damage of this morph by approximately 33% per tick."

"Wall of Elements: Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 33%"

@the_requiem You call this a buff? This is the biggest nerf I've seen in any game ever and it's almost like it was designed specifically to f*** my builds without lube.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
1 month ago#19
viperlordxx posted...
Templar is going to be in a fantastic place after scalebreaker.

Apparently they're really annoying in pvp because of Repetance or whatever its called- the skill that removes 5 negative effects from you.

Not only do they have all these ranges dots they can also purge all the dots you put on them. I made a new magplar just to take advantage of it. Even without the dot and purge cheese they're a really fun class to play.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#20
Essentially my DPS was just nerfed by more than 33% when I already feel like I'm barely denting enemies compared to others who absolutely melt them.

So their idea of balance is to make already OP Stamina characters even better. They're absolute paragons of rationality and balance.
  • Post New Message