• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#1
My main damage sources are Blazing Spear, Elemental Blockade, and Puncturing Sweeps while Inner Light is slotted for Prophecy.
Right now my spare skill slot is Solar Barrage which gives an additional AoE DoT as well as Empower for Light Attacks.

I'm wondering if slotting Entropy in place of Solar Barrage and adding Meteor as my Ultimate will be better than Solar Barrage. 3 Mages guild skills = +6% Magicka and Entropy gives me +20% Spell Damage.

I'm leaning towards Entropy+Meteor.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
4 weeks ago#2
You should probably read the patch notes for next weeks update...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488626/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-1-5-scalebreaker-update-23

Those are for PC but it's basically what we'll be getting too. Pretty much every area of effect ability is getting its damage reduced- in the case of Elemental Blockade by 30%. While most damage over time abilities (like Entropy) are having their damage buffed or left where it was.

Unless you can rely on someone to pop the synergy from Solar Barrage I think Meteor will deal more damage.

Entropy has always been an underrated skill imo, you definitely want to be getting Major Sorcery from somewhere. Your choices are basically run Entropy, use the Rattlecage armor set (5 piece bonus is major sorcery at all times) or use expensive potions.

Sun Fire is another Templar damage over time skill that grand you major prophecy, increasing your spell critical by 2100- that generally translates into around +10% crit chance. Your Dawn's wraith passives mean you get 3 ultimate when you pop a Dawn's Wraith ability and you get Minor Sorcery- +10% spell damage.

Go find a trash enemy, a crocodile, troll, whatever. Have a look at your spell damage and spell crit character sheet. Hit them with Entropy and Sun Fire and check your sheet again, you should be pretty impressed with how much your getting buffed.

If you can keep Entropy and Sun Fire up you should do really well:)

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#3
Wow, f*** this game. A THIRTY percent debuff to my two favorite characters? They can f*** right off with that s***.

FluffyKidJoe
4 weeks ago#4
I know it's annoying but your class is coming out of this better then most- you have plenty of other cool skills to choose from.

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#5
Well my other character uses Liquid Lightning and Lightning Blockade almost exclusively, so he's getting royally f***ed too. Uhhhhhhg.

This is why it's stupid to combine PvE and PvP and try to balance them both. They should be separate skills altogether.

FluffyKidJoe
4 weeks ago#6
The nerfs to AoEs are really about balancing pve, don't blame us pvpers this time lol
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#7
30% is f***ing huge tho WTF?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
4 weeks ago#8
It just means the meta changes. Look at builds from a year or more ago, they were pretty different. Even with new patch there already are videos of folks doing 90k+ damage, which is more than twice of what you need to do any content in game.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#9
the_requiem posted...
It just means the meta changes. Look at builds from a year or more ago, they were pretty different. Even with new patch there already are videos of folks doing 90k+ damage, which is more than twice of what you need to do any content in game.

Yeah but that's only people who are fully geared and min-maxed, the people who aren't still get nerfed by 30%, that's ridiculous.

I'm just now finishing putting a build together that I worked really hard on, and now I'm being told it's getting nerfed into the f***ing ground.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
4 weeks ago#10
That 90k is after nerf. Before nerf they were 90k-100k. Means they were able to use different abilities to almost eliminate impact of nerf. All this means is you will now need to use different abilities. And if you weren't using min-max meta, the impact of nerf would be lesser coz most of the abilities nerfed are part of min-max meta. That is why meta has changed.

For your build, you were using those skills coz they were best/meta, typical of a min-max build. Now you will have to use some other skills. As for gear, you already were not using min-max gear, so impact for you would be lesser. In fact some of non meta sets got buffs.

A friend who isn't into meta went from 25k to 21k dps, still good enough to do vMA. I'd recommend waiting for patch and trying out yourself.

I play stamblade. I have two staple AoEs. One of them is totally nerfed and won't be using, and for other gonna use the other morph. My spammable is nerfed, but another one that I can use now. So basically just need to use different skills.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing
  • Post New Message