• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Question For Someone Who REALLY Knows Their Stuff

User Info: Gotham9843

Gotham9843
3 months ago#1
So I'm cp 265 or so and I'm wanting to start trying to put together a long term armor set. I am also largely ignorant to this aspect of the game. I need someone hear to recommend me a good end game armor set that I'll be able to hang on to for a good while. Here's what's up with my character:

I'm a magic based necromancer and I play solo primarily. Because I'm mostly by myself, my attacks aren't an issue but sustaining my health is.

Can someone recommend me a good set that has bonuses that make me hard to kill? Something with amazing health regen or, best case scenario, something that converts damage to health recovery?

I realize that is probably too good to be true but I figured I'd ask. I have access to all dlc.

So there it is. I'm at the mercy of the experts. If anyone knows a good set for what I am looking for, please let me know what it's called and where to get it. Thanks for any help / advice.

tl; dr: What's the armor set with the best set bonuses for making you harder to kill?

Also, quick unrelated question.
Do spell damage enchantments affect skills from like the destruction staff or necromancer skill lines or just basic light and heavy attacks?
Live: Gotham0114
Switch FC: 8425 - 1928 - 6297

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
3 months ago#2
The simplest thing you can do to give yourself health back over time is run a restoration staff on your back bar and use the second skill from there, the base skill is called regeneration. After the next update it will heal you for 2000-3000 points a second for 10 seconds. Right now it's a weaker heal for longer but it's still good.

Pop that, pop whatever other buffs your using- definitely use the necro skill that gives you +5200 physical and spell resistance. If you have a class skill that gives major sorcery (+20% spell damage) pop that, if you don't pop Entropy from mages guild to get it.

Then switch bars, run your offense for ten seconds, switch back and rebuff. Between entropy and regeneration you'll be healing for like 4000 points a second, that should be plenty but you can run another instant heal on that back bar if necessary.

Light armor is inherently squishy. Yes, you'll deal more damage and sustain your ,magic pool better but you'll take more damage too. I run heavy armor a lot for doing things like world bosses solo. It takes me 30% longer to kill stuff but I seldom die.

In terms of sets there are too many to name but you have a tonne of options to increases your resistance or increase your max health or heal you passively. Personally I run plague doctor, the five piece on that gives me an extra 6000 health. Fortified Brass is a popular crafted option for resistance. Pariah gives a tonne of resistance, it's a drop set from Wrothgar but I beat the guild stores are full of it for really good price right now because of the event.

Gotham9843
3 months ago#3
I will definitely look into some of these options, thanks.

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
3 months ago#4
Just to elaborate on resistance. Resistance reduces the basic damage you take. If you have 10000 physical and spell resistance and get hit an attack may deal 10000 damage. If you have that skill I mentioned for the plus 5200 resistance active it may only deal 6500-7000 damage. Heavy armor also increases your resistances.

The less damage you're taking the less you have to heal :)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 months ago#5
I am playing a magicka necro healer that I levelled as a dps. Necros have a skill called Scythe, it heals you when you damage enemies and more enemies caught in arc, more it heals. This is the skill that took me all through Elsweyr story quests that I started at Level 1, including tough dragon fights.

Then there is one called Necro potency [I think] which allows you to heal from corpses and generates Ultimate.

There is an armor skill that gives you resistances, already mentioned.

Are you using your Champion points? They give some good damage mitigation.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: OfficerButtBaby

OfficerButtBaby
3 months ago#6
I use the Intensive Mender. It works well enough for healing.
Move along people, nothing to see here.

User Info: Vestige

Vestige
3 months ago#7
I use Skoria, Mother’s Sorrow and Burning Spell Weave on my magika necromancer.

Skoria- Monster set City of Ash 2 vet
Sorrow - area set from Deshaan
Burning - City of Ash 1 or 2

Skoria might be a little difficult to get right now so a couple monster sets you could use:

Illambris - Crypt of Hearts 1 vet
Grothdar - Vaults of Madness vet

But it sounds like you’re having a little problem with survival, so I’ll give a set up that might be better in the midterm.

Use either Illambris or Grothdar as your head and shoulders, preferably in heavy

Use Crafty Alfiq for remaining body peaces.

2 destro staves and jewelry are Plague Doctor.

Crafty Alfiq - drop set from Elsweyr
Plague Doctor - Drop set from Deshaan

Crafty Aldiq will give you a good magic pool and Plague Doctor will give you good health.

To help you survive you can use the following:

Bone Goliath ultimate from Bone Tyrant
Bone Armor to increase your resistances also Bone Tryrat skill.
Annulment from the light armor skill line for a short term shield

For healing yourself there are plenty of Necromancer skills you can use:

Hungry Scythe - Bone Tyrant skill
Bitter Harvest - Bone Tyrant skill
Life amid Death - Living Death skill
Spirit Mender - Living Death Skill
Restoring Tether - Living Death skill

Hope that helps.

User Info: rob99121

rob99121
3 months ago#8
If you don’t have a monster helm yet, Bogdans is on sale at the golden this weekend. Best for healers but the one piece gives max Magicka so you could pair it with a shoulder from another set until you get the helm you want.

Gotham9843
3 months ago#9
Vestige posted...
I use Skoria, Mother?s Sorrow and Burning Spell Weave on my magika necromancer.

Skoria- Monster set City of Ash 2 vet
Sorrow - area set from Deshaan
Burning - City of Ash 1 or 2

Skoria might be a little difficult to get right now so a couple monster sets you could use:

Illambris - Crypt of Hearts 1 vet
Grothdar - Vaults of Madness vet

But it sounds like you?re having a little problem with survival, so I?ll give a set up that might be better in the midterm.

Use either Illambris or Grothdar as your head and shoulders, preferably in heavy

Use Crafty Alfiq for remaining body peaces.

2 destro staves and jewelry are Plague Doctor.

Crafty Alfiq - drop set from Elsweyr
Plague Doctor - Drop set from Deshaan

Crafty Aldiq will give you a good magic pool and Plague Doctor will give you good health.

To help you survive you can use the following:

Bone Goliath ultimate from Bone Tyrant
Bone Armor to increase your resistances also Bone Tryrat skill.
Annulment from the light armor skill line for a short term shield

For healing yourself there are plenty of Necromancer skills you can use:

Hungry Scythe - Bone Tyrant skill
Bitter Harvest - Bone Tyrant skill
Life amid Death - Living Death skill
Spirit Mender - Living Death Skill
Restoring Tether - Living Death skill

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the detailed information. The main reason that I made this topic is that I ran through a group dungeon with a random once, just a regular dungeon, not veteran. It was Fungal Grotto and I was WAAY too underleveled and he basically did the 4 player group dungeon on his own.

Right now, due to me primarily playing solo, so much of the game's content is blocked off from me.

I have no problems with survivability in regular zones, delves or even most public dungeons. The end goal is to eventually solo normal group dungeons.

Also, the other poster mentioned something being on sale at the golden. What is that?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 months ago#10
Gotham9843 posted...

Also, the other poster mentioned something being on sale at the golden. What is that?

Every weekend there is a Golden Vendor in Cyrodil that sells monster helms or shoulders, golden jewellery etc. for gold or alliance points [pvp currency]. Since monster helms require doing group dungeon on Veteran difficulty, it is a very good way to acquire monster sets that you're not geared to handle.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489823/eso-golden-vendor-items-2019-08-16
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Question For Someone Who REALLY Knows Their Stuff
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers