• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Dark Elf Dragon Knight + Silks of the Sun + Burning Spellweave

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
2 months ago#1
Is this still a good setup? All I need is the purple Sun Necklace for the entire 10 piece set. Got Skoria ready too.

Anyone have a purple Necklace of the Sun I can buy or trade for?
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#2
Sounds perfectly viable to me. If you can't afford purple right now the difference between that and blue would be minimal. Don't forget to switch the magic recovery enchants on the jewelery to spell damage.

Magic DKs will be in a good place after the next update.

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
2 months ago#3
Same setup I've used for a very long time, still works good for me. Add a Skoria or Grothdarr monster set and you'll melt everything.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill

Mr Penguin 007
2 months ago#4
@WFO66 posted...
Same setup I've used for a very long time, still works good for me. Add a Skoria or Grothdarr monster set and you'll melt everything.

You ever have trouble with Fire Resistant enemies?

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
2 months ago#5
No, not really. It's a fun setup.

Like fluffy said, I would change the jewelry to spell damage and run the spell damage mundus stone(atronarch?). The only thing is, sustain isn't the greatest so you might need to heavy attack more frequently.

I usually prefer Skoria on all my magic dps characters, Grothdarr is fun on this build if you plan on playing a little more up close and personal. Both great choices though.

I've thought about switching gear around on this character for quite a while, but every time I play him he still does extremely well so I just don't even bother changing anything.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill

User Info: viperlordxx

viperlordxx
2 months ago#6
Your sustain will suck. Run Atronach for sustain and at least one Mag recovery glyph on your jewels. Put at least 56 points into Tenacity in the Lover (Green tree) for more mag back when you heavy attack, and you should be fine. Also, run Elemental drain skill from the destro tree. Excellent sustain and spell pen, and since you should be running burning embers, it should always be up. Probably the single best skill in the game for destro staff mag users.

If you're still struggling, you can try running Witchmother's Potent Brew, but since last patch it got a pretty substantial nerf. Would also help to know what race you are. Breton you can get away with running another spell damage glyph over the recovery one, while High and Dark Elf will give you an extra 258 spell dmg so you can skip the extra dmg glyph.
If this isn't Hell, it's the next best thing

Mr Penguin 007
2 months ago#7
I just found out they reworked the races so instead of Dark Elf I'll probably be Breton or Nord. I know Nord doesn't make sense but I want a really giant character.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Dark Elf Dragon Knight + Silks of the Sun + Burning Spellweave
  • Post New Message