• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Do players tend to interact much in this game?

User Info: samusmuncher2

samusmuncher2
2 months ago#1
Only played for a few days, and really enjoying it so far. I've noticed though, people barely seem to interact with each other. I've sent whispers to a few people I've seen walking around, but no reply.

Is it like this all the way through the game? Or is it just because I'm in the starting areas? I do know it is hard to type using the PS4 controller...
PSN: teefy1987

User Info: rob99121

rob99121
2 months ago#2
samusmuncher2 posted...
Only played for a few days, and really enjoying it so far. I've noticed though, people barely seem to interact with each other. I've sent whispers to a few people I've seen walking around, but no reply.

Is it like this all the way through the game? Or is it just because I'm in the starting areas? I do know it is hard to type using the PS4 controller...

Chat with people in my guilds all the time, both in game and on discord. Depending which server you are on they might not speak English or have hud text disabled. Joining a guild will benefit you as a new player.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#3
Faction Starter cities [not areas] tend to have much more activity. Just go to vulkhel guard in Auridon. Not just chat, but all sorts of shenanigans going around.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
2 months ago#4
I personally don't talk much, even to my guilds. I tend to ignore random whispers. Joining a guild can be a good way to find people to play with or talk to. There's always zone chat but that can get really toxic really quickly.

If you want to type just get a cheap USB keyboard, it makes life so much easier.
Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves.

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#5
The starter islands are really weird, it's a combination of new players who probably don't even know about text chat, veterans running around picking up all the resource nodes and bots.

Whether I'm chatting depends on what I'm doing. Last night I was working my butt off to get something done, was oblivious to everyone else. Day before I was chilling out fishing, ended up chatting with someone else who was fishing.

And yeah, most interaction tends to happen in guild chats.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
2 months ago#6
Like others said it depends. I usually don't chat. The only time i can recall chatting was recently was hanging out by the Werewolf Shrine in Riften with other Werewolves giving out Werewolf bites.

I don't do guilds but i figure most chatting happens in them. Also USB keyboard is so much better. Mine is over 10 years old, but i think they are pretty cheap still.
Pawn: Bailey Jay: Fighter with Scather/Challenger(lvl 200) : Arisen: Kylo Ren
Pawn ID:0720-BACA-FFEB & Switch Friend Code: SW-1954-8440-8702 (nickname: SSM)

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
2 months ago#7
I tend to ignore whispers myself. I'll be honest thou.. as girl on internets. Its Habit to some point to just keep on playing and hope your not a werido, LOL.

Guild Chat I'll lite it up, Zone if there good conversation. Randos around me? Not really.

Inless your in need of help, or look lost or staring at world boss. You wont see me type much.
Choco Cookies!

User Info: siarhei

siarhei
2 months ago#8
samusmuncher2 posted...

Yeah not on console for sure.

User Info: Goku_Black

Goku_Black
2 months ago#9
I chat with friends in guild chat. I’ll ignore whispers unless it’s from someone I know.

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#10
Guys can be weird but a tonne of girls play too, my housing guild I'd say is at least half female.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. Do players tend to interact much in this game?
  • Post New Message