• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KestrelFive

KestrelFive
1 month ago#1
I’m just shy of CP 300. I have a Sorc who I leveled on Ebonheart as a Magicka Sorc. A few months ago I race changed it to an Orc and started to level the weapon skills to make it a stam Sorc.

Now I’ve returned to the game after a short hiatus, and I’m not sure what to do. Thematically I like the concept of an Altmer magsorc on Aldmeri, so I was tempted to make a new one and leave my EP lvl 50 as a StamSorc. The plus side there is MagSorc may be less of a pain to level given StamSorcs don’t really get most of their skills till higher levels. But then again, the lvl 50 has all the Magicka, staff, and guild skills fully leveled/unlocked and ready to go.

Thoughts?
I used to have a signature like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#2
I prefer having one stam and one mag character. Stam characters have higher DPS ceiling than mag ones and mag ones are easier to play.

With CP you're new magsorc will go through content much faster and level up quickly. You can also level up a couple healing skills on mag sorc and use it to queue as healer in dungeons and trials to farm gear later.

You sound like you're just interested in story and zone quests, so doesn't really matter. But if you have two, will have options later in if you want to do dungeons/trials or even PvP.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

KestrelFive
1 month ago#3
Exactly, I like to have a stam and magic of each class as well. I’m just torn on whether to keep my current lvl 50 Sorc on EP as Stam, and making/leveling a new magsorc on AD? Or re-focusing the current Sorc to mag, and leveling a stamsorc on AD.

the_requiem
1 month ago#4
Suggestion, for now stick to what you have. There is a new patch incoming that is going to change up things a lot. Wait for it and then make a call.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

KestrelFive
1 month ago#5
Yeah, good call. I’m the meantime I have a magplar and stamblade I’m leveling that can keep me busy. Do you know when the new patch is coming out?

the_requiem
1 month ago#6
It is currently in PTS and is supposed to launch with next DLC sometime in August, likely mid august.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

KestrelFive
1 month ago#7
Sounds good, thanks for all the info man! Final question for you, would really appreciate your thoughts...

I’m kind of an altaholic with this game, I’m trying to find one stam and one Magicka class to just really get into and explore content, gear up, etc. I like doing pve as well as BGs/cyro. any recommendations?

the_requiem
1 month ago#8
I can only share my own experience. I've got 9 characters 6 of which get active play regularly. Cyro/BG and PvE builds and gear is different enough that you will need one set for each.

Stamina classes are all good DPS but I think nightblades with invisibility skill and high crits have a bit of edge in PvP if build for burst damage. Stamsorc benefits from access to shield for survivability. I'd recommend getting stam dps character a werewolf bite. WWs can be pretty OP in BGs. For Cyrodiil I haven't tried enough PvP to give a good answer for stam classes. Stam Necro with goliath transformation ulti can be pretty tanky and do damage. My stamcro is being built for PvP and still too low level to get good idea in Cyrodiil.

Magicka, I'd say Breton Magicka Templar is likely the best one for all content. Why? Coz they're best healers in game. Advantage of a healer class is that you can easily shuffle a few skills, replace restro with destro staff and it becomes a DPS class. Healer will allow you to get into queues for group dungeons much faster than DPS. If dungeon is too easy, you can easily fill in the extra DPS role. Breton just gives best magicka sustain.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
1 month ago#9
Magsorc and stamsorc are very different, I wouldn't avoid making a magsorc just because you have a stamsorc.

Questing in the other factions zones makes no sense role playing wise so it's not a bad idea to make a different toon for each one.

I used to have like 4-5 level 3 characters I'd just park at the stables and log in everyday to upgrade their riding skill in case I decided to play them later.

With the enlightened bonus to champion points not playing on your CP character isnt a big deal. As long as you have a CP character every day you're getting triple xp for your next 200000 experience points gained and it stacks. So if you don't play on a CP character for a week when you do get around to it again you'll be enlightened for your next 1.4 million xp 😁

KestrelFive
1 month ago#10
Thanks for the info! Which stam class would you recommend as a straight up warrior type damage dealer for pve and pvp? I have a stamblade I’m leveling and love the sealth playstyle, but also want a class I can use as a straight up brawling class. I was thinking stamcro, stamsorc, or warden?

I’ll definitely stick with my magplar for Magicka, and maybe do a magsorc after.
  • Post New Message