• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. what's the carrot on the stick to keep you going besides fun after cp 160

User Info: viperlordxx

viperlordxx
2 months ago#11
Crimsonhead4 posted...
viperlordxx posted...
PVP is the only reason I continue to play ESO, and with the upcoming patch, there's no reason to play at all.

I’m hoping with the amount of backlash being received from the leak that they will dial back these unnecessary changes.

It's not a leak, they released the official patch notes a couple of days ago, and once again, ZoS proves they have not a f***ing clue on how to balance the game they've been running for over 5 years now. They go to absolute extremes when it comes to "balancing" classes and abilities. It's embarrassing, really.

I really feel bad for PVE players, because they get f***ed over the hardest. They're being penalized for game play which has nothing to do with the content they run. Imagine if a competent studio took this game over. I honestly believe it could give WoW a run for its money with the right dev team behind it.
If this isn't Hell, it's the next best thing

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#12
Other then trials and dungeons ESO isnt really about chasing loot. Pretty much any decent drop I get from a world boss, delve boss etc just goes in the guild store.

Where you go after 160 is really up to you. Some people like to chase trophies and achievements. Some get really into doing hard dungeons and trials. Some love to pvp in Cyrodiil. And some of us just like making gold, hanging out and decorating houses.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#13
FluffyKidJoe posted...
decorating houses

True endgame of any MMO.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: aquadus

aquadus
2 months ago#14
Another few thoughts are:

Once you get all the skyshards and skill points, you change the character to a pure crafter and leave them alone while you work on another character.

Test out a new class or try something different with the current class. Experiment and see if something works better for you. A different role might be harder for you to play as well. Give yourself a challenge while you look into what the other classes have to deal with. You might gain some insight into why it was so hard for that healer to Rez you. Or you might see the difference a boos is when playing as a tank.

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#15
That's true I exclusively played a Dragonknight tank for a year then made a magic Sorcerer, it was so different and so damn fun. After like a year of that I went stamsorc Werewolf and I've been having a blast with that for two years.

And I really can't emphasize this enough. Give pvp a chance. Just go to Cyrodiil in the most popular campaign, put lfg in text chat, join a big group, listen and learn. You'll have no clue what you're doing for the first week or two, you'll get your ass kicked but theres safety in numbers- as long as you're trying good groups won't mind, and it's a great place to make friends.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#16
Yeah, Cyrodiil is fun every now and then. The change of pace and focus is welcomed.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#17
I got enough alts each on different class and role. Cyrodiil, BGs, dungeons etc. keep things fresh. Even overland content on newer alts with not enough skills can be fun.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. what's the carrot on the stick to keep you going besides fun after cp 160
  • Post New Message