• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. what's the carrot on the stick to keep you going besides fun after cp 160

User Info: Chris8796

Chris8796
2 months ago#1
I hear that after that you no longer get better gear, yes the quest are fun but finding gear is what keeps me coming back.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#2
No longer get better gear? Cp160 is when the gear grind starts.

Before that you just slap on whatever is closest to your level. CP160 is when you start farming for gear for your builds.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Jedah345

Jedah345
2 months ago#3
What keeps me playing is the awesome guilds I’m in and awesome ppl I play with.
PSN: Zabris86
FC: 2982-1941-2214

User Info: Chris8796

Chris8796
2 months ago#4
so you do get better gear drops at cp 200 plus for example?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#5
No, gear is capped at CP160. That is why you don't grind before CP160.

Better gear is not raw stats, but set bonuses. Better game comes from harder content. At CP160 you start doing easier content to get gear which lets you step up the ladder of difficult content till you're doing true end game content, vet Trials.

So, basically standard RPG loop, get better gear to fight stronger enemies to get better gear.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#6
I keep doing dailies... And writs. And dailies...

Feels more like working than a hobby, but at least it's still fun.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: rob99121

rob99121
2 months ago#7
Chris8796 posted...
so you do get better gear drops at cp 200 plus for example?

You get better gear but at CP160. Vet DLC dungeons and trials will be tough but provide better sets and monster helms

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#8
What keeps me going is questing, gathering skyshards and lore books, soloing world bosses and of course house furnishing. Since I primarily play solo or with randoms I enjoy having a build that can function as a jack of all trades role. I also like to experiment with other classes and builds, but I almost always come back to my Templar healer.
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: viperlordxx

viperlordxx
2 months ago#9
PVP is the only reason I continue to play ESO, and with the upcoming patch, there's no reason to play at all.
If this isn't Hell, it's the next best thing

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#10
viperlordxx posted...
PVP is the only reason I continue to play ESO, and with the upcoming patch, there's no reason to play at all.

I’m hoping with the amount of backlash being received from the leak that they will dial back these unnecessary changes.
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. what's the carrot on the stick to keep you going besides fun after cp 160
  • Post New Message