• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#1
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483597/pts-patch-notes-v5-1-0

Now skills can be unlocked on alts if you maxed out on one character. Other than that, healer nerfs.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#2
the_requiem posted...
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483597/pts-patch-notes-v5-1-0

Now skills can be unlocked on alts if you maxed out on one character. Other than that, healer nerfs.

Yeah..... they really f***ed up healing springs. It now functions as a standard aoe hot that cannot be stacked. I’m thinking that’s gonna kill those novelty healer builds like sorc and dk healer, along with the orliorme set since spamming this was its primary proc source. I’m also pretty sour about rapid regen now only lasting 5 seconds and only being applied to one ally per cast. That entire ability line will be garbage now.
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution
(edited 2 months ago)

the_requiem
2 months ago#3
Between changes to some abilities in last patch and these healer ones, to me it looks like they want to just reduce the DPS ceiling and force players to have self heals and sustains. Single Orb at a time... how many trial groups will be impacted by that one alone? Two healers with 1 orb at a time can't sustain all the DDs and tanks.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#4
I don't really do trials or dungeons anymore but just seeing the dps numbers people in guild chat are asking for creep up from like 20k to 40k over the last year or two has been nuts.

So pleased the matriarch pet is getting dealt with. Its damage output for something that required zero skill was pretty annoying in pvp. And I'm just sick of seeing those flying rats everywhere. Sounds like every sorc who's build basically consisted of two pets and two AoEs is actually going to have to learn to play.

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
2 months ago#5
To sum up the patch notes: nerf, nerf, oh and here's some more nerfs for you all to enjoy. Thanks for playing our game!
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill

the_requiem
2 months ago#6
But that's the thing, power creep will be a thing as long as newer gear adds better numbers. IMO Problem with ESO is the vast gap between end game players and casuals. Light Attack weaving and animation cancelling add a certain skill component, kinda like fighting games. If you keep getting good at them the numbers creep up. While it is good to reward skill, but in mmo skill gap should not be 3-4x. And then nerfing skills to bring ceiling down shouldn't impact those lower on the ladder much. Unless you don't want newer players to stick around.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#7
the_requiem posted...
But that's the thing, power creep will be a thing as long as newer gear adds better numbers. IMO Problem with ESO is the vast gap between end game players and casuals. Light Attack weaving and animation cancelling add a certain skill component, kinda like fighting games. If you keep getting good at them the numbers creep up. While it is good to reward skill, but in mmo skill gap should not be 3-4x. And then nerfing skills to bring ceiling down shouldn't impact those lower on the ladder much. Unless you don't want newer players to stick around.

I get nerfing damage, but why healing? I main a healer and I can’t understand why they would put such limitations on heals that have been a staple since launch. Stacking healing springs was the bread and butter for every heal build. Now that it doesn’t stack, Templar’s, wardens and maybe necromancers will be the only viable healers.
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#8
They nerfed Hidden Blade as a buff, now I have no idea what I'll use as combo opener / damage buff in my Stamplar. And they made Snipe even stronger, oh joy...

Can't comment on other changes because I never played Healer no Warden / Necro.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

the_requiem
2 months ago#9
Crimsonhead4 posted...
I get nerfing damage, but why healing? I main a healer and I can’t understand why they would put such limitations on heals that have been a staple since launch. Stacking healing springs was the bread and butter for every heal build. Now that it doesn’t stack, Templar’s, wardens and maybe necromancers will be the only viable healers.

My guess: To force DDs to have some self heals on them and not rely on healers alone. They'll have to replace some of the DPS skills with healing/sustain ones, bringing down team DPS.

As someone who recently started healing with a necro healer [still levelling skills for it], I am afraid this will make trial and dungeon groups kick anyone who is not a Breton Templar healer.

Other reason could be to balance it for PvP where zerg groups can stack healing to be practically invincible. Which again shows poor understanding of their own game. You don't nerf PvE to balance PvP or vice versa.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#10
the_requiem posted...
Crimsonhead4 posted...

My guess: To force DDs to have some self heals on them and not rely on healers alone. They'll have to replace some of the DPS skills with healing/sustain ones, bringing down team DPS.

As someone who recently started healing with a necro healer [still levelling skills for it], I am afraid this will make trial and dungeon groups kick anyone who is not a Breton Templar healer.

Other reason could be to balance it for PvP where zerg groups can stack healing to be practically invincible. Which again shows poor understanding of their own game. You don't nerf PvE to balance PvP or vice versa.

So what’s the point of classes and roles if they want DD’s to be able to heal and manage their own resources. That’s the purpose of a healer... just doesn’t make sense. Well looks like my critical oriented Templar healer will be ready to go for these changes. Gonna need that extra crit to make up for the reduced healing and dps.
  • Post New Message