• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
2 months ago#1
so, i found this place in coldharbour and after doing a bit of reading up on the quest before jumping headfirst into it, because i've run into too many quests that leave me with agonizing decisions to make...

i have to help a bunch of evil people who served molag bal?

...why the hell would i want to do that?!

i mean, this angof guy atleast sounds like he wants to change his ways, he regrets everything he's done and wants to atone... so i'm kinda tempted to side with him.

thallik, i remember him from the rift... i chose to save the thane, i guess they managed to find and kill him.

but as expected, he's pure evil... not a single redeemable bone in his body.

and estre... i have no idea who she is cause i am in the ebonheart pact, but reading about her... she sounds pure evil, as well... irredeemable.

so is angof the best choice?

what did you guys choose? i really need some help figuring this quest out before i make my decision...

Edit: also sounds like mages from the guild are trapped there... and i have to choose only one person to bring back? unless i misread something.

i hate these kinds of decisions... why does EVERY quest have to be like this?!
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
2 months ago#2
I just pick the first one. I've been playing since launch and couldn't tell you the first thing about the story. Why? It doesn't matter. I'm not a lore person. I just want to explore, kill stuff and maybe decorate my houses.
Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves.

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#3
I tend to pick estre, as she states she is the only one of the three that has not resorted to necromancy to accomplish her goals. Necromancy is essentially evil making her the least evil of the three choices.
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution
(message deleted)

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
2 months ago#5
Crimsonhead4 posted...
I tend to pick estre, as she states she is the only one of the three that has not resorted to necromancy to accomplish her goals. Necromancy is essentially evil making her the least evil of the three choices.

except angof is the only one who regrets his choices and wants to atone... estre is still pure evil and doesn't have even the slightest bit of regret or wish to atone.

angof is the only one of the three that wouldn't do anymore harm upon returning to nirn, as far as i can tell... so i sided with him.

also kinda surprised this quest gave us a third option, being able to save the one we side with, along with the mages.

THIS quest gives us the option to save everyone, even though it seemed impossible, while several other quests force us to choose when those situations seemed much more likely to get everyone out alive... that is just maddening.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
  • Post New Message