You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. main quest finale question... [spoilers, obviously]

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
2 months ago#1
so... the sacrifice.

what choice did you guys make?

i am nowhere near the finale yet, but i've finished varen's quests up to the point where i joined the companions and learned the truth of what has to happen.

lyris, sai, or varen... i honestly dunno what i'm going to do when the time comes.

but thinking about it, it makes the most sense for varen to sacrifice himself to set things right, since he did technically allow himself to be manipulated due to his hubris and desire to become a dragonborn, etc...

lyris and sai are still powerful warriors who can still do a lot of good for the world, varen is a fragile old blind man, he still has uses i suppose, but only in guiding other warriors, not much else, i'd think.

i would like to think his logic would be to keep the younger, stronger, and more able people alive to continue the fight, after all.

besides that, what better way to prove himself as an emperor than to give his life to save tamriel?

martin septim did the same in oblivion to stop mehrunes dagon's invasion, which makes me feel like varen is the best choice to stop molag bal's.

but i wanna know what everyone else chose... and why?

do any of these characters appear later on for anything important if they live?
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#2
Varen, for reasons you listed. His character arc practically leads to this.

As for characters appearing later, scroll towards end:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56433
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#3
Can't remember his name but I usually choose to kill some black guy.

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
2 months ago#4
the_requiem posted...
Varen, for reasons you listed. His character arc practically leads to this.

As for characters appearing later, scroll towards end:

so sai appears in some dungeon DLCs for elsweyr... yeah, i'm not bothering with dungeon DLCs.

i only care about actual zones with story to them, like murkmire and clockwork city, etc.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#5
I chose Varen too.

ZeroJinKui posted...
so sai appears in some dungeon DLCs for elsweyr... yeah, i'm not bothering with dungeon DLCs.

It's not only Dungeon DLC. It's the Southern Elsweyr DLC (which is a "Story" zone) that will come after the Scalebreaker DLC.

But then again, I've left Razum Dar to supposedly die in some quest yet the cat appears everywhere in the Dominion. Might as well call him Lucifer Sam.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#6
Lord Heimdall posted...
But then again, I've left Razum Dar to supposedly die in some quest yet the cat appears everywhere in the Dominion. Might as well call him Lucifer Sam.

My headcannon is that he is the true hero of ESO. He takes on the actually difficulty missions while letting us do the easier ones, all the time talking as if we were the ones who did the saving. In any other RPG we'll be the ones doing those "left to die" parts yet make it alive and appear everywhere, but in ESO it is him.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Cynnalia

Cynnalia
2 months ago#7
My main is a Redguard and she really liked Sai, so on my first go-through I sacrificed Lyris for completely petty reasons...lol

But yeah...every other time I've played the main quest, I sacrifice Varen for all the reasons you listed.
Earth without Art is just Eh

User Info: Naked

Naked
2 months ago#8
Gone through it multiple times and only done Lyris and Sai once each.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. main quest finale question... [spoilers, obviously]