• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. crafting is just too overwhelming...

User Info: Psychodrama_80

Psychodrama_80
2 months ago#21
So disagree, crafting is not overwhelming, it extremely simple and couldn't be layed out any easier. Going off op id argue crafting isnt overwhelming, just clearly do not have a full grasp on it n have next to no research on many aspects within it to alleviate a number of said complaints, even more so if been playing for months and still have issues finding basic ingredients

While not perfect most the op isnt really an issue if know what your doing, I mean imo you been playing long enough crafting really shouldnt be so overwhelming for you
DICE-Spirtual Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xStQAcHqA20
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#22
Psychodrama_80 posted...
Going off op id argue crafting isnt overwhelming, just clearly do not have a full grasp on it

Well, I'd say that is what makes it overwhelming for someone who is new, which OP was when this post was made. Game doesn't do a very good job of explaining all the intricacies. If you don't read up online, it can be very overwhelming.
Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Psychodrama_80

Psychodrama_80
2 months ago#23
the_requiem posted...
Psychodrama_80 posted...
Going off op id argue crafting isnt overwhelming, just clearly do not have a full grasp on it

Well, I'd say that is what makes it overwhelming for someone who is new, which OP was when this post was made. Game doesn't do a very good job of explaining all the intricacies. If you don't read up online, it can be very overwhelming.

Tc been playing for months according to op, if having trouble this point finding even basic ingredients let alone everything else in op, i'd say problem is less to do with game and all about how tc has been playing or not paying attention or has done next to no research on whatever has questions about over past few months

If tc just started a week ago, Id so agree with your post but months in and this lost on of all things crafting, leveling or just finding basic ingredients....Its really not that overwhelming even for a brand new player let alone months in lol
DICE-Spirtual Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xStQAcHqA20
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: aquadus

aquadus
2 months ago#24
It really depends on how much game time he has put in. I’ve had an account for a few years but have only recently gotten to CP 200+ due to not actually playing the game. Only recently got back on. Amount of time per day differs for each and every person. It’s based on preference, available time, endurance, job, family, friends, and many other things. I have a friend that only plays for one hour a week and a friend that is never offline. Saying months can mean different things. Until he gets on and tells everyone how much game time and what his level is, we can not be completely sure of it.

User Info: siarhei

siarhei
1 month ago#25
Op, sounds like you don't like alchemy and provisioning. So why do you do it? Potions are dirt cheap and food is easy to buy from guild stores.

Why not just focus on crafts that you actually need?

I've been playing less than a month and my bs/cloth/ww are at lvl 25 already... Jewelry and enchant are lagging behind but a few Alikr desert runs will fix that.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
1 month ago#26
Provisioning I just spend like 20k gold buying the super cheap 200 mat stacks and making the highest lv recipe till I hit the new lv tier took me like 30 min to max it out
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: Klemeesi

Klemeesi
1 month ago#27
This is my experience with crafting.

I started about 2 months ago with my first character. I had tried the game years ago (I had 2 level 20 characters) but I decided to remove them and start a new.

I did Warden DD at first but after few weeks I decided that I'll buy Elsweyr expansion and start with Necromancer. I decided to eventually make Warden as my crafter by deconstructing everything and researching traits. Eventually I will respec him and take only crafting skills.

I am mostly Solo player (I have one friend with who I play sometimes with when he is online) and have only collected resources myself.

Currently my skills are something like this:
* Alchemy: 50 (it was easy to do by crafting poisons)
* Provisioning: 50 (I just crafted highest level foods I could, fairly easy)
* Wood Working, Blacksmith, Clothing: 45+ (slowly getting there, only doing writs and deconstructing)
* Jewellery, Enchanting: 20+ (I started this too late, but I'll max them eventually, writs and deconstructing)

I still have lots of traits to research and I can't yet craft equipment for my Necromancer (still about month of researching to get to 6 traits). My alchemy/provisioning materials are in good shape. Last I checked I have about 200+ Water hyacinths.

Once the Orsinium event ends I plan to respec my crafter (now I'm grinding dailies with both characters to get the Briarheart jewellery)

Overall I'm happy with how crafting is right now. It's a grindy process but doable.

User Info: aquadus

aquadus
1 month ago#28
One thing people overlook is the fact that provisioning has a skill that increases the time your food lasts. That part alone is why most people I’ve met (especially tanks), upgrade that skill as soon as possible.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. crafting is just too overwhelming...
  • Post New Message