• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. the order of these quests is so confusing!

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
2 months ago#1
i'm in the rift, finishing up the pact story... thing is, i was approaching riften from the south, while the person i was supposed to turn a quest into was to the north, figured i'd just walk around to her.

but then i am approached by a guard, out of breath, asking me if i am "the hero of faldar's tooth"... what the hell? i've never even been there...

so i look on my map, see it's a delve that i have NOT been sent to... EVER... AT ALL.. NOT ONCE... BY ANYONE.

so naturally, i avoid talking to him, worried i am gonna be f***ing something up.

so i swim across the lake, talk to the woman to the north, get the next main quest, which has nothing to do with faldar's tooth and i'm instead meant to help the city recover from an attack.

ok... now i'm curious what i missed... so i go back south to meet the guard again.. and nothing... he doesn't exist anymore.

i thought maybe it was cause i accepted the next quest, so i canceled it... still nothing.

so... what the hell? was i supposed to be sent to faldar's tooth at some point?!

i'm not the hero of faldar's tooth... usually when you're supposed to go to a delve, there is a quest that sends you to one... but i've been all over and i've never had a single reason to go there!

now i'm going insane cause i feel like i missed some important parts of the story and it's just ruining everything for me... goddamn it, why are quests available out of order?!

seems like you could finish a questline without even STARTING the damn thing!

i love this game, but holy s***... the way they handled this stuff is SO confusing... i don't even know what to do anymore, now... what did i miss by not talking to that guard?

where is the quest sending me to faldar's tooth?

i looked up the rift's questline on UESP, even... and apparently i missed a "shards of wuuthrad" quest... by not talking to a person i didn't know existed at a spot i didn't even know about nor was supposed to be at during the time the quest was available...

...WHAT THE f***?!
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#2
ZeroJinKui posted...
i don't even know what to do anymore, now... what did i miss by not talking to that guard?

I haven't done rift so can't go into details, but going by my experience of questing so far... nothing. He''ll likely show up later, or was just an alternate way to get a quest you got in some other way.

Note that some delves have quests acquired once you go inside, or just outside. So you won't be sent to it by a quest you got somewhere else.
RDR2 / Elder Scrolls Online_| wreck_em |
^Currently playing |__________^PSN___ |

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#3
Yes, don't sweat about it since some "quests" are only present to direct you to other quests.

And they just give measly gold and exp points.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. the order of these quests is so confusing!
  • Topic Archived