• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. does elswyr take place after the main story?

User Info: dragoborn36

dragoborn36
2 months ago#1
i just ran into abnar tharn and sir cadwel.

User Info: Jedah345

Jedah345
2 months ago#2
Yes it does. Though the three banners war is still going on.
PSN: Zabris86
FC: 2982-1941-2214

User Info: Leodux

Leodux
2 months ago#3
Does this mean you have to finish the story because Elswyer?
Maximum Effort

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#4
You don't have to. In ESO freedom to do what you want is prioritized over story order. If you were starting for first time, tutorial will put you in Elsweyr. Am sure many newer players will end up doing it before main story.
RDR2 / Elder Scrolls Online_| wreck_em |
^Currently playing |__________^PSN___ |

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
2 months ago#5
I've finished the Morrowind story on a couple of characters, and are somewhat well into the Summerset story. Just didn't like it as much as the Morrowind one, but I'll get around to it. The main story from the base game doesn't really interest me all that much. Do what you want, when you want, if you want. That's ESO in a nutshell.

Also, keep in mind the Elsweyr story is in three parts, or so. The expansion itself is only part one. As far as my google-fu can teach me, there will be about 30+ hours of story in the expansion itself, then we'll get two dungeons later this year in two patches (one for each patch). Then, near the end of the year, we'll get yet another patch with the last part of the Elsweyr story. All free, of course. At least I'm 99% sure these will be free. The reason is simply that they want us to keep coming back to the game. Hey, it works for World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV, so why not for ESO?

(and just to be clear, don't worry about the "They sold me an unfinished game!" bulls*** so many people whine about. Not only is the new content free (I think; haven't seen anything about any DLC yet, other than it's obviously coming too), but it might not even be ready for release yet. So if you wanted it all at once, you'd have to wait at least to the end of the year for the expansion, possibly longer.)
"If stupidity was a superpower, you would be freaking Superman!"
~ Mr. Nobody (Doom Patrol)

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#6
Yes, the next two dlcs continue the Dragon theme.

The next dlc will be two dungeons, it will cost like 2000 crowns or be free if you have ESO Plus.

The last dlc will be a smaller zone dlc (like Murkmire, Thieves guild etc), again like 2000 crowns or free with Plus.

User Info: swishin41

swishin41
2 months ago#7
the_requiem posted...
You don't have to. In ESO freedom to do what you want is prioritized over story order. If you were starting for first time, tutorial will put you in Elsweyr. Am sure many newer players will end up doing it before main story.

I only got Elsweyr this morning and won't be able to play until after work. How specifically do I move to say Morrowind to start the story there? I'd greatly appreciate the help. I know it's a basic question but when I first jump into a game I sometimes have trouble figuring things like this out.

the_requiem
2 months ago#8
Tutorial will put you in Elsweyr. Once done, find nearest wayshrine and travel to wayshrine available in vvardenfell. Once get there, open map and hold SQUARE to do zone story over there.

User Info: swishin41

swishin41
2 months ago#9
the_requiem posted...
Tutorial will put you in Elsweyr. Once done, find nearest wayshrine and travel to wayshrine available in vvardenfell. Once get there, open map and hold SQUARE to do zone story over there.

Thanks. So I can travel from Elsweyr to Morrowind directly with wayshrines? I wound up using a combination of wayshrines and one of those people who give you a ride via a boat.

the_requiem
2 months ago#10
Yes, you can use wayshrines to travel from any zone to any other zone as long as you have them unlocked. The expansion and DLC zones have at least one wayshrine unlocked by default, I think.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  3. does elswyr take place after the main story?
  • Topic Archived