• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Leodux

Leodux
2 months ago#1
Thinking about getting back into ESO as a tank/healer Templar. Any advice?
Maximum Effort

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#2
Are you planning to play in group or solo? PvP or PvE?

If solo PvE, I'd recommend levelling up with all points in Magicka which will benefit healer and dps skills. You will need to do some damage to kill things solo. If you start levelling up as a tank, you won't die but take too long to kill things.

Do you plan to do endgame harder content? If yes, you will have to specialize at some point as healer or tank.

All in all, play whichever way you want. Other than race and class, everything can be changed later. Do try to level up all the class skill lines, relevant armor lines [heavy and med for tank, light for healer], weapon lines [restro healer, S&B tank].

Not sure how familiar you're with game, Alcast builds are a good reference point and work well if you tweak them to your liking.
RDR2 / Elder Scrolls Online_| wreck_em |
^Currently playing |__________^PSN___ |

User Info: Leodux

Leodux
2 months ago#3
I'm thinking High Elf with heavy armor and restoration & destruction staves. Not really looking to get into PvP.
Maximum Effort

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#4
I’m playing a Templar healer that can almost do everything. My primary role is healing, but I can also deal decent damage and off tank if need be. It’s not a meta build or anything, I prefer making my own builds rather than using cookie cutter builds. I put all 64 points into magicka, run 5 light / 1 medium / 1 heavy for armor and have 75% spell crit rating. I can also solo world bosses with ease. The sets I use are:

5 pc spell power cure
5 pc mothers sorrow
2 pc iceheart

Here’s a link to my build if you’re interested.

https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build/templar/high-crit-templar-healer-w-updated-racial-passives/43815/
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
2 months ago#5
Nice build.

I start off with meta builds as think they provide a good starting point to someone not familiar with all the skills and numbers. Then I'll also add a couple other skills and see if I enjoy playing with them and then tweak my build around my playstyle.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, love the idea of using Khajit to optimize a critical build. Rarely see a Khajit magicka, and a healer/tank at that.
RDR2 / Elder Scrolls Online_| wreck_em |
^Currently playing |__________^PSN___ |

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#6
Thanks, yeah as soon as I saw the changes to khajiit I knew what I had to do lol. I understand why many people like going for meta builds, but half the fun for me is making my own build work. Ive even made a viable stamina warden healer lol.
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
2 months ago#7
Other then the Ice Heart that set up sounds really good. Ice heart isnt bad or anything, I just think theres at least 3-4 better choices.

Crimsonhead4
2 months ago#8
FluffyKidJoe posted...
Other then the Ice Heart that set up sounds really good. Ice heart isnt bad or anything, I just think theres at least 3-4 better choices.

I know Iceheart isn’t all that popular, but I like it cause my crit is so high that i almost always have a shield up. It has greatly increased my survivability since I’ve been using it.

I know earthgore is pretty much the go to but I’m not a fan of that long cooldown. A lot can happen in 35 seconds. Also since I’m so invested into crit it isn’t too difficult to end up over healing which isn’t good either.

User Info: FenrirsBlade

FenrirsBlade
1 month ago#9
So is there any sort of leveling guide for Magicka templars? Like what skills/equipment to focus on?

I found a few but not sure if all the information still holds true thanks to innumerable patches.

Personally I want a templar that CAN do things solo. But that can work in groups too.
I know I will have to specialize sooner or later, but I think I can take my sweet time with that right?
Endgame is still a far way off!

Heard dunmer with vampirism would actually be quite a good choice thanks to the extra magicka recovery.. Plus Dunmer could do a stamina templar too. And I'm pretty sure that I want to try out both eventually...

Also what kind of crating talents would you recommend for such a character? Because I will probably not focus on more than two crafts on one character...

User Info: FenrirsBlade

FenrirsBlade
1 month ago#10
Or would you perhaps reccomend another class altogether?

I'm still torn if I really want a templar tbh.

Looking at sorc and nightblade at the same time. Can they work well enough solo?
I heard they can have some nasty skill rotations. But tbh I think I prefer something easy for now...

Sorry to bombard you all with questions :)
  • Topic Archived