• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Trophy Guide and Tips

User Info: Dann981

Dann981
7 years ago#1
First off I'm gonna explain how to get through the game getting as many trophies as possible and hitting max level

Beginner notes and basics

Look at your mission objectives before starting them to prepare and buy items beforehand capture missions its always good to start with 3 shock grenades

Playing the game solo has benefits like in borderlands the number of players determine enemy health

Ranking up works from points you get successfully completing levels. You get double rp and bonus money for doing bonus objectives and secret objectives

The best starting mods are hoarder or lucky penny as most of this game is farming for material its best to get a head start and extra cash at the beginning.

If you are low on health and out of healing items don't be afraid to sit in a health checkpoint room as you gradually regen health.

Your best friend in situations you aren't prepared for is the walkie talkie you can call in health shock nades teleport back to the start show the location of a boss and even drop C4 if you're stuck behind a wall.

Experiment with weapon combinations. Elemental guns do good on specific enemies where as hollow points and other ammos add to your max damage and add effects like piercing. Pistols and SMGs and shotguns will be the easiest to use. I found myself using pistols early on SMGs halfway through and shotguns the rest of the way.

Untouchable trophy

In solo simply choose the first gathering mission that has you kill animals. Use an smg to guarantee no animal runs into you.

That's a knife trophy

To kill a steel soldier with your knife you should come back when you have a stronger knife and upgraded armor. Duck when it leans back and jump and knife the exosed pilot 2 or 3 times in a single jump duck. If it jumps circle roll under it and knife its barrels as once it begins to blink the knife stops hurting the pilot. Don't use grenades guns or c4. Shock nades may work untested.

Jack of trades trophy

Unlock all proficiencies
To get this you most make parts for certain things to check what or how many use your touchpad to check. A trick is you can buy and sellback the same knife gunpart and mods. Simply rebuy whatever you can most easily make.

Major Pain
Complete all Major rank missions without using rations or health packs.
This one can be done by getting a few ranks past major then replay it with the Cure Bionic mod to slowly regain health you do less damage though so balance that out with a proficiency or a mod. Just strictly do the main objectives avoid unnecessary boss fights bring with you instead C4 and shock grenades or the adrenaline as this does not count as healing and do every one in order to keep track while doing this you should also be getting--

Favorite trophy

To get this you have to go through an entire rank of missions without changing any gunparts or ammo. Its easy to get this while getting Major pain as you'll be replaying missions anyway. And by now you should have a weapon setup that needs no adjustment.

Denied
Defeat a boss before it escapes
Go back to an early ranked boss mission and kill the enemy before it changes position on the map. Shock grenades help.

Hoarder

Collect 2000 material
With the bionic mod on hoarder early on you'll receive this use enemy respawn to your advantage.

Blastfighter
Complete a level with all swat12 shotgun parts equiped.
Self explained. You'll get this shotgun early on.

Speed Runner
Beat all best times.
For a speed run equip Sprinter+ for bionic mod a strong heavy stopping gun shotgun perhaps. Only bring what you'll need. Stay as light as you can. Take advantage of equiping the walkie talkie to run without your guns weight. Dodge roll is your friend.

Thoughts?
3DS Friend code: 2552-1258-5440
PSN: Nemisis666

Dann981
7 years ago#2
Decorator trophy and The Bionic Merc trophy

Both of these take extensive amounts of grinding enemies. Rebattling bosses and saving a very large amount of cash. Decorator you must build 20 ormaments and 20 banners. Look at the price and ingredients and usee the guy at the outhouse as a reference if you can't find a certain item. The Bionic Merc you must build all 41 bionic mods so there is plenty of grinding

Dann981
7 years ago#3
Five star general

Reach max rank. To do this quickly once you've reached General Rank and beaten the end boss you will can replay the capture the jet mission. You gain 1200RP and 12,000$ every 27 seconds-3 minutes. Search left or right first. Then teleport back to the middle to save time if you want.

Craftmanship
Craft over 100 Knives and 300 Gun parts.

Same with proficiencies. Buy and resell the easiest to make part for you. Keep track with your progress with the options button under trophies.

Coronation
Clear all missions.
If a level is too hard for you save it for when you're a higher rank and it'll be much less of a headache.

Medic
Revive 10 people with adrenaline.
Easily boosted. Have a friend buy 2 adrenaline or 2 friends buy 4 or 3 buy 6 with you having 2 that's 8. Have them all drop the adrenaline by you and have one or all people kill themselves so you can revive them. In 2 missions easily done.

Millionaire

Earn $1,000,000.

Same method as ranking up capture the jet i made 300,000 an hour.

Poacher
Hunt 250 animals
Go out the right side into the hunting grounds kill with seaking missiles for fastest results. Let them respawn and repeat.

Liberator
Rescue all 6 kickstarter backer hostages.
During certain missions you can rescue and meet people that will stand around in your camp.

Cold Hearted
Complete No Negotiations without saving any hostages.
Easy trophy just kill the human shielded targets during the missiom.

Grim Reaper and Executioner
Kill 10,000 enemies.
You'll get this naturally while grinding for other things. By max rank i had 5000 kills.

Pistol Pro
Complete the 10 main missions of the game with the Colt 45
I'm testing this one. It seems you cant apply proficiencies or ammo or attachements. These main missions are ones that rank you up.

User Info: victorinox12

victorinox12
7 years ago#4
Dann981 posted...

Millionaire

Earn $1,000,000.

Liberator
During certain missions you can rescue and meet people that will stand around in your camp.

Pistol Pro
I'm testing this one. It seems you cant apply proficiencies or ammo or attachements. These main missions are ones that rank you up.

Please, if you aren't going to actually guide people, then don't bother.

Millionaire? Buy hoarder, get a lot of materials, copy your save somewhere, sell all your materials and you'll easily hit 1 million.

Liberator? They always appear on missions that have a hostage objective, there are ample guides out there with pictures of their locations and which missions they appear on.

Pistol Pro? Have the basic gun, with nothing special (you can have profs) and invite a peon into the room. Tell your peon to do the mission as you get a nice cool drink. I suggest a dark and stormy or perhaps scotch, though it really doesn't matter matter. As long as someone does the mission and you have the basic gun, the game gives you credit for doing the mission with the basic gun.

Dann981
7 years ago#5
victorinox12 posted...
Dann981 posted...

Millionaire

Earn $1,000,000.

Liberator

Pistol Pro

Please, if you aren't going to actually guide people, then don't bother.

Millionaire? Buy hoarder, get a lot of materials, copy your save somewhere, sell all your materials and you'll easily hit 1 million.

Liberator? They always appear on missions that have a hostage objective, there are ample guides out there with pictures of their locations and which missions they appear on.

Pistol Pro? Have the basic gun, with nothing special (you can have profs) and invite a peon into the room. Tell your peon to do the mission as you get a nice cool drink. I suggest a dark and stormy or perhaps scotch, though it really doesn't matter matter. As long as someone does the mission and you have the basic gun, the game gives you credit for doing the mission with the basic gun.

Its a work in progress.... as the pistol trophy liberator and millionaire i haven't finished yet. But i was making 300,000 an hour from doing the capture burning jet mission. i had 5/6 people and pistol kept not counting for me when i tried. and i beat the bosses with it on solo. lol.

User Info: Apex-Player

Apex-Player
7 years ago#6
I'm at 97 missions done 97 missions speed ran.
My suggestion is shock grenades vs any boss, to stun and kill them quickly.
Sprinter+ Dodger+
Shotty
PSN/ Comfort_Cat

User Info: tmnt89

tmnt89
7 years ago#7
Tracking this topic. Lots of great tips so far, seems to be a good start.
PSN: ChelydraSerpin
'Kona coffee has the ability to put structure into someone's afternoon'

Dann981
7 years ago#8
tmnt89 posted...
Tracking this topic. Lots of great tips so far, seems to be a good start.

Thanks today I'm gonna be farming rare items if anyone wants to come along. and any questions you have i can answer

User Info: raddicuss

raddicuss
7 years ago#9
I have a question, does the game tell you anywhere, what missions you have beaten with the fastest time, or do you have to keep track of that mentally?
Everyday's great at your Junes.
PSN: Raddicuss

Dann981
7 years ago#10
Unfortunately the only way is to press options and check speed runner before doing a mission. Beat the time then check again. If the speed runner number goes up then you didn't do it before and check it off. If it doesn't then you already beat it before. Id start at mission 1 and go up checking everytime
  1. Boards
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Trophy Guide and Tips
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What does Magnum ammo do? Side Quest1 Answer
How do I get past Major rank? Main Quest1 Answer