• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Encanto topic (spoilers)
HipsterSora 1 month ago#1
Encanto topic. Will post my thoughts shortly
Current on One Piece :: Zou arc on rewatch
Have not played League of Legends since 07/15/2021
HipsterSora 1 month ago#2
Alright so that movie was fantastic, especially the music drip drip drip. Best Disney movie in yearrrrrs, excluding maybe Luca.

The cast is very tight, and are recognizable. You don't even have to know their names, them having a good design and a super power makes them stand out enough. The movie doesn't try to have some grand adventure plot so there is a lot less to keep track of, and the individual + overall messages all shine brighter.

I can't wait to see this in KH
SmokyProgg 1 month ago#3
I saw this last night and I'm glad I got to see it before really knowing anything about it or seeing any discourse around it. It was great, I really liked the characters (especially animal boy) and the character songs were great too. My biggest criticisms are 1) the "threat" feels too similar to Raya's, in that it's just a magical manifestation of the division between people and 2) the transition into song felt jarring to me, like in Frozen, I thought PatF and Moana felt much more natural. For that first one at least, the theme was different between the 2 movies (Raya was about the relationship between difficult cultures while this was about the strain placed on the family from high expectations) so I wouldn't say it's "recycled" or anything like that, but it definitely feels a little stale hot on the heels of Raya being the most recent movie.
Visually, it was great, and the character designs were all top-tier (I love Mirabel's outfit). And like you said, I like that the movie is entirely focused around the house, really lets it just focus on the characters and story. Raya felt too much like an exposition dump the entire movie and didn't really have time to focus much on characters. That does make me wonder how it could be integrated into KH though. I guess you could have to go into the different rooms, which are pretty spacious. If they can make it work, I'll be happy to see it
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
HipsterSora 1 month ago#4
SmokyProgg posted...
That does make me wonder how it could be integrated into KH though. I guess you could have to go into the different rooms, which are pretty spacious. If they can make it work, I'll be happy to see it
I thought of a few
1) Ven-Cinderella style, SDG are the size of the rats inside the walls. SDG help and observe the family madrigal~ but from out of sight. Could be a good unversed world, if Vanitas will be back
2) SDG arrive in the town, and meet the family individually, getting recruited to do tasks to relieve some of the burdens. With the new heartless threat, Sora is just another gifted person that Maribelle can't live up to but tries to help as a party member :)
3) Minigame world consisting of minigames with luisa, isabella, maribelle, maybe others.
HipsterSora posted...
3) Minigame world consisting of minigames with luisa, isabella, maribelle, maybe others.

f*** you and the horse you rode in on. =P

KH does NOT need another s***ty mini-game world; not when HAW and Disney Town exist as some of the most gawdawful worlds in the series.

The idiocy of mankind makes it next to impossible to resist the urge to punch a kitten in the balls.
I am TEH GRATE OSTOOPIDONE. PHEAR ME!
HipsterSora 1 month ago#6
i don't really expect to see either of those back and i quite like both of those
You would. =P

The idiocy of mankind makes it next to impossible to resist the urge to punch a kitten in the balls.
Zak6009 1 month ago#8
Minigames are a staple of the series - they aren't going anywhere.
Oh, I'm sure there's going to be many more mini-game worlds in the series. Doesn't mean I'd ever like 'em, though. *shrug*

SmokyProgg 1 month ago#10
Oh forgot to say but the new short was also very cute
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Encanto topic (spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Sinister Crystal? Side Quest4 Answers
Where do you get curaga? Side Quest3 Answers