• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. You ever try to talk to non-fans about KH lore?
HipsterSora 1 month ago#1
I agree KH is convoluted, but these people get stuck on literally the simplest aspect of it. I tried explaining to a friend at brunch the other day just who the hell Roxas is, and they could not wrap their head around the idea of a person splitting into a heartless and a nobody. "But Nobodies don't have hearts how are they people" "Xemnas lied" "???????????"

How are you supposed to ever explain the realm of sleep or unreality or the arc to these people
Current on One Piece :: Zou arc on rewatch
Have not played League of Legends since 07/15/2021
I've tried to explain the lore to a buddy of mine who only played KH1 and KH2... and he got so lost and confused, lol.

I tried suggesting to him to play the other games and he was all like "What... I gotta play like 10 games before KH3?! PHUCK DAT"...

And after that, I stopped talking to him about it, lol. I mean, he knows I fanboy hard for Xion but...

The idiocy of mankind makes it next to impossible to resist the urge to punch a kitten in the balls.
I am TEH GRATE OSTOOPIDONE. PHEAR ME!
I think the first thing to establish in those conversations is to have them divorce themselves from how real life works. It's a fictional series after all so you just need to accept it by its own rules. When it comes to stuff like explaining plot twists such as how Ansem actually wasn't Ansem, I think that just can't really be explained well and needs to be experienced.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy
HipsterSora 1 month ago#4
If I was a billionaire I would have a show that was Drunk History esque but just explaining KH, Metal Gear, and other well known "convoluted" series' specific lore points

xeno_x-blade20 posted...
I think the first thing to establish in those conversations is to have them divorce themselves from how real life works.
yeah I even started there with explaining the whole what a heart is thing.
Current on One Piece :: Zou arc on rewatch
Have not played League of Legends since 07/15/2021
xeno_x-blade20 posted...
When it comes to stuff like explaining plot twists such as how Ansem actually wasn't Ansem, I think that just can't really be explained well and needs to be experienced.

And this is why I hate when Lore is contained within a gatcha mobile game. To me, it's easiest to understand if you actually experience it and then, if you still question it, then someone like Hirokey could easily explain it for the most part.

The idiocy of mankind makes it next to impossible to resist the urge to punch a kitten in the balls.
Dref151 1 month ago#6
xeno_x-blade20 posted...
I think the first thing to establish in those conversations is to have them divorce themselves from how real life works. It's a fictional series after all so you just need to accept it by its own rules. When it comes to stuff like explaining plot twists such as how Ansem actually wasn't Ansem, I think that just can't really be explained well and needs to be experienced.
Sure you can! "The ansem in the first game was actually the soul-zombie of some other dude that stole his name."
HipsterSora posted...
yeah I even started there with explaining the whole what a heart is thing.
Oh then in that case, yeah it's a lost cause. They'd probably need to just watch it upfront.

FallenStar2565 posted...
And this is why I hate when Lore is contained within a gatcha mobile game. To me, it's easiest to understand if you actually experience it and then, if you still question it, then someone like Hirokey could easily explain it for the most part.
And the worst part is, even if you wanted to experience the story fights yourself, you can't even do that now since the servers are gone.

Dref151 posted...
Sure you can! "The ansem in the first game was actually the soul-zombie of some other dude that stole his name."
on second thought, that's actually pretty good.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy
xeno_x-blade20 posted...
And the worst part is, even if you wanted to experience the story fights yourself, you can't even do that now since the servers are gone.

This'd be why I'd love it if they made a console remake of the game. I mean, hell, they did a pretty good job with CoM after all.

HipsterSora posted...
If I was a billionaire I would have a show that was Drunk History esque but just explaining KH, Metal Gear, and other well known "convoluted" series' specific lore points

I'd add BlazBlue and just going over Ragna's history and the Dark War will make their heads spin.
Come, Guardian!
On days like this, kids like you... should be drowing in darkness.
SmokyProgg 1 month ago#10
No but

HipsterSora posted...
How are you supposed to ever explain the realm of sleep or unreality or the arc to these people
1) Worlds are asleep
2) It's a fictional world
3) Is that the thing that brings people from the past to the future? Tell them it brings people from the past to the future.
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. You ever try to talk to non-fans about KH lore?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Sinister Crystal? Side Quest4 Answers
Where do you get curaga? Side Quest3 Answers
Where can I find Portobello? Side Quest2 Answers
Who is in car with Yozora? Plot1 Answer
What happened to Re:Mind ps4 theme? Tech Support2 Answers