• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What am I missing here with this series?

User Info: jamsch1978

jamsch1978
2 weeks ago#1
Sorry to post here but I can't find another KH board that is relatively active. I've now tried playing Kingdom Hearts twice. Once on the PS2 and gave up during the tutorials because I didn't care for the gameplay. I just got All-In-One on PS4 and tried it again. The enemies keep going behind my camera to where I can't see them. This seems more about puzzle than battle. I find myself again not enjoying this game. But I've been here before with other games and came to the board to ask something similar to this and learned either I was approaching it incorrectly or doing something that others warned me against which prevented it from being more fun. I'm a huge FF fan and love Disney. I should like this game. Any tips, pointers or things I'm not considering but should? Thanks
"What doesn't kill you only makes you smaller" - Mario

User Info: AngelosTheHero

AngelosTheHero
2 weeks ago#2
KH1 is notorious for its awful camera, but I think you can change that somewhat in the settings - I don't remember the details, though. KH2 and 3 have far more cooperative cameras, and are more action-focused (2 in particular).
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2458-1255 Aeon
ACNL: Mayor Sakurai of Harukawa Dream Address: 7D00-00AF-A89F

jamsch1978
2 weeks ago#3
I tried both settings for the camera - auto and manual and in both instances, I am beyond discouraged. So thankful I only paid $20 for this game from Best Buy when it was on sale half off.

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
2 weeks ago#4
What difficulty are you playing on
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

jamsch1978
2 weeks ago#5
The middle option. Difficulty isn't the issue for me though. Anyone can mash an x button over and over. The part I'm struggling with is how it feels more focused on puzzles than battles and the jacked up camera angles.

User Info: Morrowindmodman

Morrowindmodman
2 weeks ago#6
The puzzles and platforming are significantly less of a thing in later games until they return somewhat in KH3.

You could try playing KH3 on the easiest setting and try out the combat? Maybe you'll start to like the game after a world or two. The keyblades you unlock are really cool.

User Info: PhantasyAlegria

PhantasyAlegria
2 weeks ago#7
jamsch1978 posted...
The middle option. Difficulty isn't the issue for me though. Anyone can mash an x button over and over
Maybe you're not enjoying the game because you're playing on baby easy and have no challenge whatsoever? Mashing a button isn't fun.
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest game ever made

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
2 weeks ago#8
Just skip 1 dude
Doubts about white privilege?
See: 1/6/21

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
2 weeks ago#9
KH1 requires more moving around and placing yourself during combat, since fights aren't as fast paced as they are in later games.

If an enemy is getting you from behind, it's probably because you're standing in place for too long.

The camera is pretty wonky at times, though.

I'd also suggest moving to KH2 or KH3 to see if you like the combat there instead, but KH2's show prologue might put you off of that game too lol
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3

User Info: Amithrend

Amithrend
2 weeks ago#10
Seems like you’ve considered everything. I don’t think you’re going to have a good time forcing yourself to play something you don’t like.
If there’s nothing that interests you about the game, I’d advise you to just put it down and find something else to play.
Maybe you’ll get back to it someday if it piques your interest again. Maybe you won’t, and that’s fine too.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What am I missing here with this series?
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A

Sinister Crystal? Side Quest4 Answers
What happened to Re:Mind ps4 theme? Tech Support2 Answers
Where can I find Portobello? Side Quest2 Answers
Postcard Orichalcum +? Side Quest2 Answers
Best teeny ship? Build2 Answers