• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ToraKiba19

ToraKiba19
2 days ago#1
So I beat Xahnort because I thought he would be the hardest, and he was, took me about 5 hours to beat lol. Meanwhile Xion seems easier but I don’t wanna be stuck on her for that long. It seems like most of it is just memorizing her combo patterns but other than that is there any tips and tricks I need to know about her later on? The farthest I’ve got is her half health phase, havnt really sat down with her for that long though. Please and thank you!
p.s. her battle theme is AMAZING
Xion's pretty well scripted. She doesn't really have any unblockables outside of her armor phases, so blocking is your friend during them. And none of her non-armor phase patterns are that long (and thus take that long to learn) outside of her first pattern that involves the light pillars.

As for her armor phases, you can cheese your way through them with a Link, but I don't think they're all that bad, honestly. For the first armor phase: she'll always start with a 5 jump attack. The first jump will be at you, then the next 3 will be away from you, with the 5th coming at you again. Note that if you don't move, the 2nd and 3rd jumps will still have blockable light pillars coming at you. So if you block the first jump, block light pillars from jumps 2 and 3, wait, and then block her 5th jump, you can reprisal into a combo on her. After that, she'll do she Keyblade swipes follows by several blockable pillars twice in a row. Then she jumps away and will send out a bunch of unblockables on top of you. After that she'll do another Keyblade swipe into blockable pillars, and then she does the 5 jumps again. If you don't manage to knock her armor off by this point, it falls off anyway. But if you do, she's open for a combo.

The big armor phase (what is more likely to be referred to as her DM) is harder to describe. It's still a set pattern, but I don't remember it as well. More unblockables are involved, and I mostly got through it by learning when I could block her and then reprisal.
New account of perrycox42. Moving to this to stay in line with my standard username nowadays

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
2 days ago#3
When her armor comes out switch to Nano Gear for stun protection or go into a battle with stun protection from an accessory you get in the Verum Rex mini-game. Being in a form will also prevent you from being stunned.

Ariel will shred her especially in her later phase because she likes to be right on you so she gets hit by all the water bolts, I use her to destroy her armor and get a LOT of free damage. Keep track of her strike raids, she throws in sets of 3 in her patterns, and the third one she throws when you block it always breaks your guard which means you get a risk dodge opportunity that leads into a free opening on her. Her blue light beam damage will temporarily lower your max health until you have 1 HP and any attack would kill you. You can get your max health back to normal by entering a form change or using a link so it doesn't hurt to keep a form stored to cure your max health

Otherwise she is just pattern recognition.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 2 days ago)
Hirokey123 posted...
When her armor comes out switch to Nano Gear for stun protection or go into a battle with stun protection from an accessory you get in the Verum Rex mini-game. Being in a form will also prevent you from being stunned.
Wait, she can stun you during her armor phases? Are you sure? This never happened to me and I got hit by pretty much everything in both armor phases. I know she can stun you with the overhead Keyblade slam, but that doesn't happen during armor phases.
New account of perrycox42. Moving to this to stay in line with my standard username nowadays

User Info: Red-Flamestar

Red-Flamestar
2 days ago#5
Simba: Firaga Jump deals good Armor Damage (even during her attacks), if you delete her armor during her DM, the DM will be canceled (Xion is vulnerable after her DM). Can also be used to counter Armorphase (she is open open/immoblie during her Yellow Light Pillarspamattack).

Otherwise as long Somba move (running or jumping) he was a lingering Hitbox (great to find opening). The Burning ground after the commandfinish also has a lingering Hitbox.

Also Links can be used with Shortcut even if Sora is stunlocked (not if he is stunned by Xion) and they negate Max-HP Damage. Can also be used to extend formchange without swapping Keyblades.

If you want to use Magic and links, you can use Damage syphon or Block replanish.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
2 days ago#6
LeafOnTheWind42 posted...
Wait, she can stun you during her armor phases? Are you sure? This never happened to me and I got hit by pretty much everything in both armor phases. I know she can stun you with the overhead Keyblade slam, but that doesn't happen during armor phases.
It's either her direct strike or her beams I forget which, here is an example of it happening to Biz.

https://youtu.be/qGukKpoZDVI?t=31786

8:49:46 incase the link doesn't go the right time.

If you didn't notice it you either avoided the attack consistently or you had stun protection from an item or being in a form.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
Guess I avoided the attack every time. I have no idea how I did when I first got to that phase, though

User Info: ToraKiba19

ToraKiba19
2 days ago#8
LeafOnTheWind42 posted...
Xion's pretty well scripted. She doesn't really have any unblockables outside of her armor phases, so blocking is your friend during them. And none of her non-armor phase patterns are that long (and thus take that long to learn) outside of her first pattern that involves the light pillars.

As for her armor phases, you can cheese your way through them with a Link, but I don't think they're all that bad, honestly. For the first armor phase: she'll always start with a 5 jump attack. The first jump will be at you, then the next 3 will be away from you, with the 5th coming at you again. Note that if you don't move, the 2nd and 3rd jumps will still have blockable light pillars coming at you. So if you block the first jump, block light pillars from jumps 2 and 3, wait, and then block her 5th jump, you can reprisal into a combo on her. After that, she'll do she Keyblade swipes follows by several blockable pillars twice in a row. Then she jumps away and will send out a bunch of unblockables on top of you. After that she'll do another Keyblade swipe into blockable pillars, and then she does the 5 jumps again. If you don't manage to knock her armor off by this point, it falls off anyway. But if you do, she's open for a combo.

The big armor phase (what is more likely to be referred to as her DM) is harder to describe. It's still a set pattern, but I don't remember it as well. More unblockables are involved, and I mostly got through it by learning when I could block her and then reprisal.
Beat her, pretty easily after reading this. Thank you
Yeah Xion is a very scripted fight. If you have enough attack strength you can take a massive chunk of her Armor out with a Ultima Shotlock and take the rest down with a counter combo during her leaping light pillars attack.

When you get to her DM phase its best to let part of play out as its too long for link summon to get through all of it unless you have EZ codes.
FC: 2878-9699-0140

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
2 days ago#10
RedDragonMaster posted...
When you get to her DM phase its best to let part of play out as its too long for link summon to get through all of it unless you have EZ codes.
Her DM phase ends when you take out her armor, so Simba can get through it with time to spare even without EZ codes.
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A