• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I need help to know what are the Bad abilities ?

User Info: Maiave

Maiave
2 days ago#1
Hi all, I'm far from an expert with this game but I'm trying to improve.

I want to know, what abilities should be turned off for the Data Battles / Secret Episode.

I've noticed that I always end up in the air during a combo. I must have something equiped that does that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If my English isn't on point, you can politely point it out to me. I'm trying to improve. Thanks.

User Info: PizzaRules

PizzaRules
2 days ago#2
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/718920-kingdom-hearts-iii/78384057
If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live - Tommy Wiseau

User Info: nolimjoe

nolimjoe
2 days ago#3
disable EVERY flowmotion abilities, especially the one that makes you slash two times when you attack after airstep, that attack whiffs all the time so trash it. As for finishers, I only use the newly patched one and the triple rush (the one where sora pokes forward 3 times)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Red-Flamestar

Red-Flamestar
2 days ago#4
Unequip Air Dodge to have Air slide during Combat.

User Info: SSjMikito

SSjMikito
2 days ago#5
The abilities that are straight up bad and should never be used are Aerial Dodge and Auto-Finish, there is no use for them. Most Flowmotion abilities you can keep off though if you have the extra AP, you can keep the Superslides and Superjump on. Just turn on Wall Kick when you need it and Buzzsaw is generally good on many mob fights.

For combo abilities, Quick Slash and Aerial Sweep are straight upgrades in every way and should never be removed. Flash Step should only be used along with Quick Slash (Which you will always have on) or else you lose out damage against humanoid bosses. Radial Blaster should always be on except for humanoid bosses. It makes bosses break out of combos early and with short combos it will never trigger anyway. Aerial Dive is powerful and should always be on but you have to be careful of it makes bosses break out early so don't use it unless you actually need it to land on opening.

Then for finishers, Triple Rush is mostly worthless. Enemies break out early and it's slow to start. Speed Slash is slightly weaker but enemies don't break out nearly as early. It's also fast and it launches grounded enemies into the air forcing them to take longer to recover. Magic Flash is slow but its powerful and makes bosses break out later then normal, if you can safely use it then use it. It works pretty well with Speed Slash because most bosses can't escape until they hit the ground so you will put them into a situation where they can't avoid it. Last Charge is without a doubt the safest finisher but its also not that strong and enemies can break out between the two hits. In any case where Magic Flash is simply not safe to use, use this move. However during the main game before Keyblade Graveyard, I highly recommend you don't use either if you have Ultima because Ultima has low magic before its leveled so it will do garbage damage.

User Info: KH2Rulz

KH2Rulz
2 days ago#6
SSjMikito posted...
Then for finishers, Triple Rush is mostly worthless. Enemies break out early and it's slow to start.
No they don't.

Triple Rush is fine for the Data Fights/Secret Episode.
If you're strength focused, it does more damage than Last Charge.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
2 days ago#7
A lot of people are still parroting info that doesn’t account for the changes made in the 1.09 update when it comes to stuff like triple rush.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 2 days ago)

SSjMikito
2 days ago#8
KH2Rulz posted...
No they don't.

Triple Rush is fine for the Data Fights/Secret Episode.
If you're strength focused, it does more damage than Last Charge.

Square stealthily reversed the stats of Speed Slash and Triple Rush in the ReMind update. Now Speed Slash is the weaker low revenge value one and Triple Rush is high damage and high revenge value one.

Basically this is what every finisher looks like now.

Speed Slash: 1.8 power / 1.1 RV
Triple Rush: 2.0 power / 1.5 RV
Magic Flash: 2.4 power / 0.5 RV
Last Charge: 2.0 power / 0.7 RV

User Info: WizardHazard

WizardHazard
2 days ago#9
@SSjMikito Why is Auto Finish bad? Care to explain???

SSjMikito
2 days ago#10
Same reason why all the auto-drive abilities in KH2 are bad, they just get in the way and take away options.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I need help to know what are the Bad abilities ?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A