• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
2 days ago#31
TaticalWarrior posted...
You never saw a character going off the rails or being off in general. There is practically no aborted arcs.
I mean, a lot of my complaints with KH3 is because of these specific things.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3
ChrisTaka posted...
Idk man, Steins;Gates writing is pretty good ....
Steins Gate is a single game, and it is not devoid of plot holes. Every story is bound to have a loose end somewhere.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: ChrisTaka

ChrisTaka
2 days ago#33
TaticalWarrior posted...
Steins Gate is a single game, and it is not devoid of plot holes. Every story is bound to have a loose end somewhere.

What about Steins;Gate 0

And I'd appreciate if you could point out these plot holes rather than going, "trust me dude it has plot holes"
Currently Playing: Flame Crest: Triple Homes
(edited 2 days ago)
ChrisTaka posted...
What about Steins;Gate 0

And I'd appreciate if you could point out these plot holes rather than going, "trust me dude it has plot holes"
What is hard to understand here? We are talking about a plot that extends itself over almost 20 years and you came here to reiterate that a sequel exists as if it changes anything? Unless you are going to say that the SG series has more than 10 games and managed to be plot hole free, then, please, lets stop right here.

ChrisTaka posted...
Really? Now this is the moment where I will be pointing random stuff and you will force yourself to argue to hell and back that there is a clear motive between all that?
Are you seriously going to say that a series involving time travel is COMPLETELY FREE of even the slighest inconsistence? That it doesn't expect the player to suspend their disbelief?
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: fdtl

fdtl
2 days ago#35
TaticalWarrior posted...
instead of focusing on such a trivial thing?
ITP: The main plot of the game = a trivial thing

This is what I can't stand. It's bad enough that you're to trying deflect anyone even thinking about trying to criticize the series, but that you're downplaying this as a minor issue, when it's what the whole game revolved around, to even being a mystery to look forward to built up from DDD (even as far back as BBS and Days when it comes to setting up a time travel and "vessel" mystery plot).

If you wanna make a topic in appreciation of KH's connections and attention to detail, fine, go do that and list your examples. But one guy asking a simple question about how the main plot makes no sense is not a crime. Frankly, the main plot should take priority to be ironed out for things like this, and for a lot of people, even those many side-arcs fell flat or went nowhere. Stuff like Xemmas mysteriously not using a Keyblade or seemingly having traits of Terra but that amounting to nothing, or just look at how many games it's been from CoM yet we still haven't closed the book on Sora thanking Namine.
(edited 2 days ago)
fdtl posted...
ITP: The main plot of the game = a trivial thing

This is what I can't stand. It's bad enough that you're to trying deflect anyone even thinking about trying to criticize the series, but that you're downplaying this as a minor issue, when it's what the whole game revolved around, to even being a mystery to look forward to built up from DDD (even as far back as BBS and Days when it comes to setting up a time travel and "vessel" mystery plot).

If you wanna make a topic in appreciation of KH's connections and attention to detail, fine, go do that and list your examples. But one guy asking a simple question about how the main plot makes no sense is not a crime. Frankly, the main plot should take priority to be ironed out for things like this, and for a lot of people, even those many side-arcs fell flat or went nowhere. Stuff like Xemmas mysteriously not using a Keyblade or seemingly having traits of Terra but that amounting to nothing, or just look at how many games it's been from CoM yet we still haven't closed the book on Sora thanking Namine.
And who said it was a crime? So far, I just mentioned how it is useless in overthinking about it, since it just happened because it was a way to bring the villains back for a last showndown and how that is better than having 13 versions of the exact same person. Suspension of disbelief is a thing in series, and sometimes you just roll with it.

But who is saying it is perfect and that it shouldn't be questioned to begin with?

I just replied slm about how saying that a flaw is happening because "Nomura is simply not trying enough" is unfair, considering the absurd amount of characters, events, lore, chronology, events and more that this series has. It is not something as easy to handle as you may think.

I dunno, just re-read the posts, because it feels like you just want to heat things up, but are completely out of topic here. Or you lack text interpretation, because, frankly, you are not making the point you think you are.

User Info: SorakhII

SorakhII
2 days ago#37
Anything about this particular subject should just be summed up as Xehanort’s genius and wit in exploiting the time travel loopholes.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig(Romans 10:9)

User Info: fdtl

fdtl
2 days ago#38
TaticalWarrior posted...
But who is saying it is perfect and that it shouldn't be questioned to begin with?
I didn't say you called it perfect, but you are telling people to not question it, even in the paragraph before this quote. That's what I have a problem with. You're telling people to not care about a clear plot hole, saying that plenty of other stories have flaws. That's deflection. People shouldn't have to ignore problems and just roll with everything, they're allowed to have their suspension of disbelief broken whenever a glaring contradiction occurs. That's all I'm saying.

And Nomura (and the other writers) "trying hard" can still be "not enough". Yes, there are countless little plot threads and character arcs that they tried to tie in, but for many people those weren't developed or were unsatisfactory. And I'm not saying that all of those had to be perfect, but not a single thing that was built up was followed through with that well. Maybe a criticism you might agree with is that Nomura shouldn't have sown so many seeds if they were all gonna have such stunted growth.
(edited 2 days ago)
fdtl posted...
but you are telling people to not question it
Am I, tho?

fdtl posted...
That's what I have a problem with.
That is right. It is your problem.

User Info: Boadicea

Boadicea
1 day ago#40
TaticalWarrior posted...
I just replied slm about how saying that a flaw is happening because "Nomura is simply not trying enough" is unfair, considering the absurd amount of characters, events, lore, chronology, events and more that this series has. It is not something as easy to handle as you may think.

And who created that whole mess that needs to be handled and couldn't be handled without it being a rushed travesty in KH3?

Nomura.

Because he doesn't think long term and then has to make all the "cool ideas" he liked at the time come together.
(edited 1 day ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A