• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 week ago#21
Well, it's either the fanbase overthinking things, or Nomura just not putting enough thought into how things work.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 week ago#22
slmcknett posted...
Well, it's either the fanbase overthinking things, or Nomura just not putting enough thought into how things work.
Can I propose a third option where Nomura just doesn't consider how wildly inconsistent interpretations of his words tend to be? Not just his interviews but like he hand writes the reports and stuff.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 week ago#23
Mistranslations can also factor into that, whether from online fan-translations in his interviews, or the actual localization team doing weird s*** with the English script.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3
slmcknett posted...
I think it is clearly the later. But, considering that Nomura carefiully explains even the most obscure lore piece, and tries to tie a two decade old series together with a surprisingly good degree of consistence, I think it is not fair to say that he isn't trying hard enough. This kind of stuff is bound to happen to any kind of work..
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: yoisi

yoisi
6 days ago#27
TaticalWarrior posted...
I think it is clearly the later. But, considering that Nomura carefiully explains even the most obscure lore piece, and tries to tie a two decade old series together with a surprisingly good degree of consistence, I think it is not fair to say that he isn't trying hard enough. This kind of stuff is bound to happen to any kind of work..
Nomura has good ideas and has a vision for the story which is good but he's not good at putting things together in a tidy or consistent manner and the writing is really really messy. He needs a proper story writer to tidy up his work. And i think Masaru Oka isnt really good either. i've noticed that games with him and/or Nomura in charge of writing, tend to be especially messy. The more tidier games had different writers.
yoisi posted...
Nomura has good ideas and has a vision for the story which is good but he's not good at putting things together in a tidy or consistent manner and the writing is really really messy.
He indeed is, and KH is consistent. No doubt about that. You never saw a character going off the rails or being off in general. There is practically no aborted arcs. Every single retcon is addressed in a way or another.

You guys are just talking about a plot hole. Plot holes exists in every kind of work. It is unavoidable. And we are talking about a series that is almost twenty years old. Expecting it to be plot-hole proofed is expecting too much, because humans are flawed and stories are written by them.

And I don't get why people are suddenly saying that Nomura needs a proper writter.

The series had Kazushige Nojima, Daisuke Watanabe, Yukari Ishida,Tomoco Kanemaki, Hidemi Shimomura... and more.

Usually, there are writters for scenarios, supervisors etc.

The series is surprisingly good at that. Why not try to see the many feats it managed to make, in comparison to any other long lived series, instead of focusing on such a trivial thing?
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: Reaper_ExE

Reaper_ExE
6 days ago#29
TaticalWarrior posted...
I think this is one of those moments where Nomura thinks that the fanbase is overthinking things, as he said.
He's sitting in his chair, laughing his ass off as we speak, rolling around in his wads of cash, twirling his villainous mustache
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Reaper_ExE-13, FFBE = Reaper - 573887626, Last Cloudia = Reaper - 180086653

User Info: ChrisTaka

ChrisTaka
6 days ago#30
TaticalWarrior posted...
Plot holes exists in every kind of work.

Idk man, Steins;Gates writing is pretty good ....
Currently Playing: Flame Crest: Triple Homes
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A