• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 week ago#11
So what you're saying is that in DDD, all the time-displaced members were just physical hearts, and the reason they were sent back to their own times was because MX showed up and prevented YX (and the others since they were tied to him) from existing alongside him. And so in KH3, they decided to put those hearts from the past inside of replicas, since that would somehow keep them from being sent back.

Of course, this still doesn't add up with your "two hearts of the same person can't co-exist in the same time" statement, since Terranort, Xehanort, Ansem, and YX would all still have the same heart, and they were all still physically together -- and I don't see how being in replicas would counteract that, esp ones that weren't even the finished "perfected" replicas that can make you human.

Nor do I see how Re:Mind is what cleared any of this up. I don't remember it even touching on this, outside of a general "who's from when" discussion.

As for who fought Mysterious Figure, Aqua makes the least amount of sense, unless she decided to take a bathroom break on the other side of the courtyard partway through putting Ventus to rest, or something. I don't see why she would enter, leave to have a boss battle, and then come back to finish the job. Ventus would make the most sense, but since he's the only member of TAV to not end up as some sort of vessel by the end, I don't see why YX would even engage him in general. So it doesn't add up either way.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zeanoto

Zeanoto
1 week ago#12
"They weren't in Replicas in DDD" makes no sense. Ansem looks like Ansem-in-Riku, not brown cloak dude.

You're hinging too much on a cutscene that didn't make a lot of sense to begin with. (Like why do the members from the present disappear too?)

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 week ago#13
slmcknett posted...
So what you're saying is that in DDD, all the time-displaced members were just physical hearts, and the reason they were sent back to their own times was because MX showed up and prevented YX (and the others since they were tied to him) from existing alongside him. And so in KH3, they decided to put those hearts from the past inside of replicas, since that would somehow keep them from being sent back.

Of course, this still doesn't add up with your "two hearts of the same person can't co-exist in the same time" statement, since Terranort, Xehanort, Ansem, and YX would all still have the same heart, and they were all still physically together -- and I don't see how being in replicas would counteract that, esp ones that weren't even the finished "perfected" replicas that can make you human.

Nor do I see how Re:Mind is what cleared any of this up. I don't remember it even touching on this, outside of a general "who's from when" discussion.

As for who fought Mysterious Figure, Aqua makes the least amount of sense, unless she decided to take a bathroom break on the other side of the courtyard partway through putting Ventus to rest, or something. I don't see why she would enter, leave to have a boss battle, and then come back to finish the job. Ventus would make the most sense, but since he's the only member of TAV to not end up as some sort of vessel by the end, I don't see why YX would even engage him in general. So it doesn't add up either way.
Man I don’t make the rules but Vexen very specifically says that being in a different/replica body will counteract that. I went back and checked and he also says YX, Ansem, Xemnas, and others wouldn’t be able to exist in a time frame that MX does because that means there is already a present Xehanort in existence. My guess is that because they are in bodies of their own they count as their own existences instead of being MX. So really MX being reborn most likely sent all of 3 of them back but since one of those three is YX who was holding them all there in the first place it sent all of them back.

She was going to lock the world away forever so maybe she wanted to take one last look at the last spot all 3 of them watched the stars together. Or maybe her plot convenient darkness sense kicked in and she sensed a disturbance and went to check it out. Honestly I don’t think it really matters? We could write a 100 reasons as to why she revisit the spot. She and Ven are the only two realistic options and she is the only one in canon who revisited LoD after it was destroyed so she is by default the most logical.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: juarmo

juarmo
1 week ago#14
Hirokey123 posted...
Man I don’t make the rules but Vexen very specifically says that being in a different/replica body will counteract that. I went back and checked and he also says YX, Ansem, Xemnas, and others wouldn’t be able to exist in a time frame that MX does because that means there is already a present Xehanort in existence. My guess is that because they are in bodies of their own they count as their own existences instead of being MX. So really MX being reborn most likely sent all of 3 of them back but since one of those three is YX who was holding them all there in the first place it sent all of them back.

She was going to lock the world away forever so maybe she wanted to take one last look at the last spot all 3 of them watched the stars together. Or maybe her plot convenient darkness sense kicked in and she sensed a disturbance and went to check it out. Honestly I don’t think it really matters? We could write a 100 reasons as to why she revisit the spot. She and Ven are the only two realistic options and she is the only one in canon who revisited LoD after it was destroyed so she is by default the most logical.
Uhh, Doesn't the fight against YX take plave before the events of Keyblade Graveyard?

You have to have Save Data that has beaten Vanitas Remnant in Keyblade Graveyard, and go to the Land of Departure.
But since the Land of Departure is sealed off upon entering Keyblade Graveyard, you can't do that on the save you beat Remnant on, and have to go back to a save that hasn't been to Keyblade Graveyard yet.

Which is why it takes place right before Keyblade Graveyard.
Need friends with LR leads and duped category/120% leads.
DBZ Dokkan Battle Friend ID: 2531127953

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#15
I thought what Vexen was talking about was specifically about Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody existing at the same time as his complete form. Which is why Ansem:SoD and Xemnas needed to come in as time-travelling Replicas, so that they wouldn't be a Heartless and Nobody.
Sakurai did nothing wrong

User Info: Zeanoto

Zeanoto
1 week ago#16
The old man's humanity prevents his Heartless and Nobody, others vanquished in the past, and his younger self from being denizens of this time.

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 week ago#17
EvenSpoonier posted...
I thought what Vexen was talking about was specifically about Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody existing at the same time as his complete form. Which is why Ansem:SoD and Xemnas needed to come in as time-travelling Replicas, so that they wouldn't be a Heartless and Nobody.
That is what I thought too.

"The old man's humanity prevents his Heartless and Nobody, others vanquished in the past, and his younger self from being denizens of this time," just sounds like Vexen saying what's obvious -- you can't exist at the same time as your Heartless, Nobody, or younger self.

But I see why Hiro would understand it his way. It just requires some extra jumps in logic.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 week ago#18
It does explain a lot though.

Why he doesn’t just grab 12 of one version of himself. Why he had to grab Vanitas who was post-destruction instead of any of the healthy viable Vanitas. Why MX needed to resort to the replicas and vessels and remove himself from the equation for so long. Why YX said that when MX was reborn it would cause him to return to his own time. Etc... It also pretty much is in line with what remind showed us.

Oh and it explains why back in DDD Nomura said multiple versions of a person can’t exist together.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 1 week ago)
I think this is one of those moments where Nomura thinks that the fanbase is overthinking things, as he said.

It is just poetic license. Things are more interesting this way. Xehanort using thirteen versions of himself is already a heck of a loophole, so making he grab many selves from the same month would be even more blatant.

I guess it all's justifies itself with his "many roads" mentality. Yes, he could do that. But he also had so many other plans, and as long they worked, he didn't care which one would be used.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
1 week ago#20
TaticalWarrior posted...
I think this is one of those moments where Nomura thinks that the fanbase is overthinking things, as he said.
Lmao right?

Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A