• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing

User Info: yoisi

yoisi
3 days ago#1
if a seeker can be a younger version of xehanort what is to stop xehanort from just grabbing 12 versions of himself at different time periods? instead of stealing other people or other people's bodies?

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 days ago#2
Remind finally made this clear, two hearts of the same person can’t co-exist in the same time, the traveler will get forcibly sucked into the other. While DDD showed any attempt to bypass that forces the traveler to return to their own time.

Xehanort got around this by making sure all his seekers were not quite him, using replicas or the bodies of others to achieve that. He could have grabbed 12 MX’s but he would still need bodies to put them in so they were counted as their own person so to speak. And he couldn’t hold all theoretical MX’s together, 12 MX hearts would just go back to where they came from before they make it to KH3.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 3 days ago)

yoisi
3 days ago#3
Hirokey123 posted...
Remind finally made this clear, two hearts of the same person can’t co-exist in the same time, the traveler will get forcibly sucked into the other. While DDD showed any attempt to bypass that forces the traveler to return to their own time.

Xehanort got around this by making sure all his seekers were not quite him, using replicas or the bodies of others to achieve that. He could have grabbed 12 MX’s but he would still need bodies to put them in so they were counted as their own person so to speak. And he couldn’t hold all theoretical MX’s together, 12 MX hearts would just go back to where they came from before they make it to KH3.

ok but how was he able to grab young xehanort then when its his own body in the past and basically just him with no alterations??
(edited 3 days ago)

Hirokey123
3 days ago#4
He didn’t grab YX, AnsemSoD went to YX’s time and gave his powers to YX so YX could do the travels instead.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

yoisi
3 days ago#5
Hirokey123 posted...
He didn’t grab YX, AnsemSoD went to YX’s time and gave his powers to YX so YX could do the travels instead.
and how was Young Xehanort able to exist in the same time as Master Xehanort?

Hirokey123
3 days ago#6
yoisi posted...
and how was Young Xehanort able to exist in the same time as Master Xehanort?
He wasn’t

He traveled to times in which MX no longer existed. BBS he appeared at some point after Xehanort put his heart into Terra’s body and grabbed MX and Vanitas after Vanitas’s death. He had free reign from BBS’s end until the end of DDD where MX was finally reborn, which is exactly why when MX came back in DDD that everyone started to fade and return to their own time. When he finally made it from KH3 he stored his heart in one of the leftover replicas letting him exist as his own person which let him co-exist with MX.

yoisi
3 days ago#7
Hirokey123 posted...
He wasn’t

He traveled to times in which MX no longer existed. BBS he appeared at some point after Xehanort put his heart into Terra’s body and grabbed MX and Vanitas after Vanitas’s death. He had free reign from BBS’s end until the end of DDD where MX was finally reborn, which is exactly why when MX came back in DDD that everyone started to fade and return to their own time. When he finally made it from KH3 he stored his heart in one of the leftover replicas letting him exist as his own person which let him co-exist with MX.
OK i kind of get it . Though i do have to ask in theory if they had enough replicas he could have just gotten 12 other young xehanorts from different times and put them in to 12 different replicas then if that's how it works? sorry if im being annoying i just want to understand this properly. i mean i guess he did kind of do that in the end in a way, though simply creating the different replicas might have been more simpler than stealing other people's bodies
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
3 days ago#8
I don't remember any of that being explained, Hiro.

For starters, that would imply nobody was using replica bodies during the meeting in DDD, which couldn't be the case since, at the very least, Vanitas and Dark Riku were both there.

Also, the Mysterious Figure fight in BbS couldn't have happened after Terranort was created, since it could only be canon for Terra or Ventus, and in either case it would've had to have happened prior to them heading to the Keyblade Graveyard. And even if that fight did take place after Terranort's creation, that would still mean both YX and MX were existing at the same time.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
3 days ago#9
slmcknett posted...
don't remember any of that being explained, Hiro.
Yeah, I don't remember this either. What was this?
Sakurai did nothing wrong

Hirokey123
3 days ago#10
Even if they were both there it also doesn’t matter since neither of them are actually MX and all we saw were cloaked figures which doesn’t actually mean they had a body see YX in BBS who we know now was just a heart so if they were there they just were not in replicas yet. In fact again they had to not be in replicas yet because if they were then YX going back shouldn’t have affected them. The entire point of putting them in replicas is so what happened in DDD doesn’t happen in KH3 as Vexen tells us.

This explains why they had to grab destroyed Vanitas in the first place and not Vanitas who was already fine. Because Vanitas who had a physical form existed only during times MX did, he lost his physical form only seconds before MX shed his body in BBS. So the only time frame in which YX could grab Van was after he lost his form/after MX joined with Terra.

We all know the only time in which YX’s battle made any sense was Aqua or Ven, Terra leaves immediately, but Ventus would most logically head to the KG after Vanitas beckoned him to with the threat to his friends. Aqua is ultimately the only one who could have fought MF, and she is the only one of them who returned to LoD after it was destroyed. There is also a jump cut as we never see Aqua sit Ven down, we see her enter, take a few steps, and then it cuts to Ven already being in the seat as she prepares to lock the world away. The battle against MF most likely took place then, which would place it AFTER MX was in Terra. However if you want to argue YX was there during MX’s time of existence one could also point out that YX is literally phasing in and out implying that he couldn’t remain in that time period for long. We know the phase out isn’t immediate it takes a bit of time, a few minutes or so going by the examples we have seen.

The only one who has to worry about being sent away in YX and it’s him going back that sends everyone else back. YX explained it albeit a bit flowery, Vexen’s report in KH3 explains it directly, and the DDD interviews alluded to this as well. I guess thinking about Xemnas also would be in danger because he came from MX and his destruction brought back MX so yeah Ansem, Xemnas, and YX none of them would be able to co-exist for long with MX.
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. i didnt understand the whole 13 seekers thing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A