• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Was this game a disappointment?
In many respects it was, but in others it met or exceeded my expectations. Something felt not quite right here, so I'm not about to condem Nomura completely unless other games follow suit.

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#12
No game could have met the kind of hype KH3 got, so yes, it was mildly disappointing for a lot of people. But generally only mildly, and the overwhelming majority of the fanbase got over it quickly and are back to their old selves. Only a tiny minority are still whining at this point.
Sakurai did nothing wrong

User Info: wecantaim

wecantaim
1 week ago#13
thegreatwumbo posted...
The only things I found disappointing:

-They should have spread the main story throughout the game more

-There should have been more non-Heartless bosses

-They did basically nothing with Maleficent and Pete

-There wasn't enough to the 100 Acre Wood world

-Radiant Garden or another non-Disney world should have been in it

Otherwise I loved it.

I forgot those two were even in the game. Did they even do anything? Feel like the game would 100% be unchanged if they were removed
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet.

User Info: NorthernDruid

NorthernDruid
1 week ago#14
EvenSpoonier posted...
No game could have met the kind of hype KH3 got, so yes, it was mildly disappointing for a lot of people. But generally only mildly, and the overwhelming majority of the fanbase got over it quickly and are back to their old selves. Only a tiny minority are still whining at this point.
This pretty much sums it up.
Open world is the worst trend and needs to go away before it kills even more great series.

User Info: furamuuru

furamuuru
1 week ago#15
No, but these constant posts are.

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 week ago#16
wecantaim posted...
I forgot those two were even in the game. Did they even do anything? Feel like the game would 100% be unchanged if they were removed

They appeared briefly a few times searching for the box. It didn't really go anywhere.
Currently playing: Far Cry 5

User Info: Bass_omega

Bass_omega
1 week ago#17
yes
"If the kid screws up, then I'll just have to kick his ass!"

User Info: Smoker_Face

Smoker_Face
1 week ago#18
Appreciate those of you who stay on topic, rather than trying to change the subject to something other than the actual quality of the game. Where are all of the people at who thought this would be a generation defining classic? Would love to hear from you guys.

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#19
Smoker_Face posted...
Where are all of the people at who thought this would be a generation defining classic? Would love to hear from you guys.
You've been talking to us the whole time, dude.
Sakurai did nothing wrong
The story was such a massive disappointment that I don't think I will ever truly ever care about a KH story again. The world design was also a little disappointing after how interesting the world in 0.2 was.

However, the combat was honestly a lot better than I was expecting coming off of BBS, DDD, and 0.2. Form change storage completely saved the combat for me, and the dlc bosses are some if the most fun in the entire franchise.
A turtle creeps, sleeping beauty sleeps. - Akira
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Was this game a disappointment?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A