• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Never saw big hero six
Drethrake posted...
The "Latest" disney film I've seen was POTC 5. I also saw Prince of Persia, Lone Ranger, basically their live action stuff. But animated wise. If Ghibli counts then most all of them. If Pixar Counts, then Toy Story 4. But only the Toy Story series. I didn't see Nemo 2, Monsters 2, etc. And if Pixar doesn't count then the last Animated Disney film I saw was... Treasure Planet? No wait Brother Bear was a year after that. So Brother Bear. That was the last Disney Film I saw.

So I don't know any of this Tangled/Frozen/Big Hero bizniss. I grew up and stopped watching.

Interesting.
Though as an animator/fan of animation I grew up and kept watching. Guess people can do as they please.
Growing up was cool. Decided on various things to read, watch & do.
Fun sig. I'm a gamer & writer as well, and artist. :)

No one else probably watches the series, but an interesting development w/the original Baymax in the portal came up recently.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: ertyu0078

ertyu0078
1 week ago#12
Im also having problems with there world too the part we’re have to save them from those thangs there trapped in

User Info: Drethrake

Drethrake
1 week ago#13
indie_animator posted...
Interesting.
Though as an animator/fan of animation I grew up and kept watching. Guess people can do as they please.
Growing up was cool. Decided on various things to read, watch & do.
Fun sig. I'm a gamer & writer as well, and artist. :)

No one else probably watches the series, but an interesting development w/the original Baymax in the portal came up recently.

I like animation, don't get me wrong! But I'm more of a fan of the 2D animation over the 3D/Computer Animation stuff that Disney started to do after Princess and the Frog. It's like they decided 2D films were dead and would never do them again. Which made me sad. 2D Animation is a great art. I just feel like they lost their soul when they switched to the 3D films. Though everyone has told me I'd end up liking Tangled, so that's on my to-watch list. They also said I'd like Wreck-it Ralph, Zootopia, etc. Ralph maybe. I may be the only person on the planet who likes that dumb movie Pixels. Because I'm a fan of retro games and that film was MADE for me. It's dumb. It's stupid. But that's okay.

The sad part about Disney to me is that they seem to have become very "Safe" over the years. They're afraid to get dark like the oldendays. Lion King, Sleepy Hollow, Black Cauldron, etc. FANTASIA! There's alot of DARK and pseudo-horror imagery in their older stuff that you just don't see anymore. They're afraid to go there. Alot of these films are "Safe" as a result. Sure, Moana sent a great message and out of all the newer disney films it is the one I've seen the most of (I watched the latter half of it with my Neice when my brother went out for something), but even that one felt too "Safe". I want them to take more risks in storytelling. Don't worry, the kiddies can take it! I was 6 when I watched Friday the 13th! I turned out just fine!
I'm a Writer and also a Gamer.

User Info: BusterBlue

BusterBlue
1 week ago#14
Drethrake posted...
I like animation, don't get me wrong! But I'm more of a fan of the 2D animation over the 3D/Computer Animation stuff that Disney started to do after Princess and the Frog. It's like they decided 2D films were dead and would never do them again. Which made me sad. 2D Animation is a great art. I just feel like they lost their soul when they switched to the 3D films. Though everyone has told me I'd end up liking Tangled, so that's on my to-watch list. They also said I'd like Wreck-it Ralph, Zootopia, etc. Ralph maybe. I may be the only person on the planet who likes that dumb movie Pixels. Because I'm a fan of retro games and that film was MADE for me. It's dumb. It's stupid. But that's okay.
As someone who's been bitter about the "death" of 2D Disney animation, give the 3D films a chance, most of them are pretty good and capture the spirit of older 2D films.

Drethrake posted...
The sad part about Disney to me is that they seem to have become very "Safe" over the years. They're afraid to get dark like the oldendays. Lion King, Sleepy Hollow, Black Cauldron, etc. FANTASIA! There's alot of DARK and pseudo-horror imagery in their older stuff that you just don't see anymore. They're afraid to go there. Alot of these films are "Safe" as a result. Sure, Moana sent a great message and out of all the newer disney films it is the one I've seen the most of (I watched the latter half of it with my Neice when my brother went out for something), but even that one felt too "Safe". I want them to take more risks in storytelling. Don't worry, the kiddies can take it! I was 6 when I watched Friday the 13th! I turned out just fine!
I can't speak to horror, but Frozen II tackled depression pretty well.
*Disney Historian in Training*
Currently playing: FE:3H, The Witcher III

User Info: nolimjoe

nolimjoe
6 days ago#15
my initial plan before kh3 came out was to watch all these new 3d disney movies, but that would mean I had to watch frozen, so I abandoned the entire idea. Gogo's thick thighs were really nice to look at though.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
6 days ago#16
>BH6
>forgettable

you're f***ing crazy rpg
Trying to Learn Spanish, help? | Reading Jojolion
"It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts." -keybladesrus

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
6 days ago#17
I quite liked this world in KHIII, being able to see what Hiro was up to after BH6 was pretty fun. Exploring the city, was fun until I went for the platinum trophy. Now San Fransokyo is the constant that keeps me from coming back to KHIII, all those chests left to find XD

BH6 is my favourite Disney film of all-time hands down. I've watched Disney since the early 90s but I would never say I was a huge fan, other than maybe Winnie the Pooh and that was more because I grew up with the A.A.Milne books. BH6 just resonated with me, nice bits of science, a good character arc to go over, Baymax is funny as heck, and man those last fifteen minutes gut punch me every time.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
Drethrake posted...

Ok, point taken. Good to know. :)
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
6 days ago#19
HipsterSora posted...
>BH6
>forgettable

you're f***ing crazy rpg
Maybe part of it is that I'm not really into superhero stuff. I don't really find the appeal of "Hero with silly costume saving people in a generic modern city", especially when there are hundreds of them already in the market.

Modern Disney already feels homogenized already with their modern 3D artstyle, so them pulling a generic genre like superhero just made the movie forgettable fast for me.

Aside from Baymax (the mascot) i already forgot what's it's all about aside from it having 6 heroes (literally written in the title).
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
Drethrake posted...
But I'm more of a fan of the 2D animation

I am as well... but then again, maybe it's a bit of nostalgia on my part - I really grew up during the Renaissance and each and every one of those movies to some degree were what I liked to see. I think by the time of Hercules, though, I'd stopped being as gung-ho for them, aside from Tarzan and Mulan and once Toy Story and Pixar started being so big, everything just seemed to be all about Dat CGI and such. *shrug*
FallenStar - level grinder extraordinaire. Also a lover of Xion, old school Final Fantasy and the Chrono Duology.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Never saw big hero six
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A