• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I know this is probably a stupid subjective question, but...

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#11
Well, that's the first mini-boss down. No major trouble yet. I'm sure that'll change later on.
"What would it take for me to be like you?" - Xion
"No one would miss me." - Roxas

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#12
Man, I love being air-juggled due to no Aerial Recovery.

Also, Rock Titan down.

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#13
FallenStar2565 posted...
... just how difficult would an all-Pro mode code Beginner level run actually be in comparison to a base Critical run?

Even though I hadn't planned on actually doing it, I can't help but be just a little curious. (Perhaps a morbid type of curiosity... *shrug* )
I'm actually doing this now too. Only up into Corona at the moment, but the early game is definitely MUCH easier than a base Critical run. Not getting OHKO'd at the drop of a hat makes all the difference.

Still dying once or twice per boss, though. Not having any practical way to heal (when there are no minions to gram HP orbs from) definitely makes things tougher, which makes me think the later game may ramp up beyond base Critical in terms of difficulty. But the early game is definitely easier.
Sakurai did nothing wrong

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#14
FallenStar2565 posted...
No healing items; no Cure; no Links.

Ouch. Well, at least I no-damaged Darkside, lol.
Also no shotlocks, so Ever After won't save you either.

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#15
EvenSpoonier posted...
But the early game is definitely easier.

Yeah, I had the same thought too. I nearly died against Rock Titan only because I got air-juggled and I nearly died against the Minotaur horde because I didn't know what to do without a Formchange, lol.

This really does flip the game on its head, lemme tell you.

Also, yeah, NO way to heal AT ALL. I might not make it that far, but I at least wanted to see it for my own eyes.

EvenSpoonier
1 week ago#16
Devil_A posted...
Also having sc/om without needing acc.
Those aren't nearly as powerful on an all-Pro run as you might think. What makes SC/OM so powerful is that you always have a chance to heal, but in an all-Pro run, you basically can't heal anyway. You've got no Cure, no items in battle, no links, and no shotlocks, and HP Slip is in effect. The only method you have to gain HP is to find HP orbs, which is risky when it's even possible, and especially on bosses it's not always possible in the first place.

Without healing? SC is just "you can tank one extra hit". Whoop de frickin doo. WC is slightly more impressive, but by definition also leaves you with one HP, so that trick won't work twice. The "you're basically immortal" complaint that people have leveled against these abilities from the very beginning no longer holds.

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#17
Holy s***, that was CLOSE. I almost lost to Tornado Titan but managed to eke out a W.

That was like 15,000 points for Olympus, if I'm reading this right. Now I have to do a fight with Demon Tower as Riku. Yay.

Edit: And I no-damage it, lol. Wish my Golden Highwind carried over, though. Hunting down the Vega blueprints is going to take me awhile again.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Orochi_

Orochi_
1 week ago#18
Is it possible to beat this game on a Level 1, All Pro, no damage, no armor and base Keyblade, no stat ups, on Critical Mode?
:p

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#19
Huh... did Fudanshi delete his account or something? Odd that I can't @ him. =/

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#20
Nice to know that Demon Tide is still just as aggravating as Critical Mode... They REALLY shouldn't have put this thing in such a tight area at Twilight Town. =/
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I know this is probably a stupid subjective question, but...
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A