• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. KH2's Drive Forms were so overrated, they were all useless save for Limit Form

User Info: TeeTheWicked

TeeTheWicked
2 weeks ago#11
SBK91 posted...
That's not why Limit's good nor effective against Roxas.

Nor Axel, isn't Limit only good against him due to the healing?
I've got a fever and the only cure is another Bayonetta game.

User Info: Kaeaja

Kaeaja
1 week ago#12
WizardHazard posted...
Endgame Base Sora has far more mobility than all the drive forms and since stats are capped around 80 for superbosses you don't get any stats boost from using 2 keyblades.

Final Form was just good for Firaga spam, other than that It's inferior to Base in every way.

At least with Keyblade transformations Sora actually gets stronger.

Nevermind the fact that Final Form has several major advantages that base form Sora DOES NOT have such as the advantages mentioned by SBK91

">stronger ground strings
>ridiculously strong air strings
>cancelable finishers for crazy Revenge efficiency
>Mobile Magic
>straight better Reflect
>stronger Blizzard finisher
>AoE Thunder
>auto keys when jumping and Gliding"
~SBK91

But one thing he hasn't mentioned is that while attacking in Final Form, your attacks actively protect you with their insanely high rate of parrying, meaning that while attacking to make up for the fact you can't block in any Drive Form except Limit Form, you are almost impossible to hurt because the Keyblades are protecting you while they swing, and they will continue to deal damage even while parrying attacks for you, meaning you can safely press an all out attack with little to no worry of being harmed. This is something base form Sora is just not capable of, at least not anywhere NEAR to the same extent and Final Form can do this easily without needing to use your MP to block with Reflega. Not to mention that when Base Form Sora parries an attack, his attack and his enemy's attack get canceled out prompting Sora to have to stop for a second before taking advantage of the parry, meanwhile Final Form can Parry AND Attack all in one uninterrupted motion, giving the enemies around you ZERO chance to retaliate in that brief moment of vulnerability if they were not already being stun locked by your attacks.

Plus I know for a fact that your Strength and Magic damage go up quite a bit in the Form regardless of your stat caps as the form adds to what is there regardless.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Expelsword

Expelsword
1 week ago#13
Valor is good when it's available, big power boost and the ability to go right into the ground slam finisher can help on some mobs.

Wisdom lets you fight from extremely far away, and you have Mobile Reflect on top of that, basically ensuring your complete and total safety.

Master Form Magnet lasts an eternity and it has infinite Reflect strings, making you effectively invulnerable while you have MP.

Limit Form has a fast combo with tremendous ground power (in exchange for useless air game), and with a combination of HP Gain and MP Rage, you can heal cheese through a lot of things.

Final Form has the mobile magic of Wisdom, automatic guard while doing anything, and huge power combos.

You can say that Drives get worse as the game goes on, but hold on, at the very worst, they are a resource based Elixir (which you actually accrue by taking damage, with Damage Drive), the same cannot be said for Formchanges.

And there's the matter that Final Firaga and Zantetsuken-Ars combos do heinous amounts of damage compared to base Sora in the endgame...
The fight will never stop.

User Info: juarmo

juarmo
1 week ago#14
Expelsword posted...
Valor is good when it's available, big power boost and the ability to go right into the ground slam finisher can help on some mobs.

Wisdom lets you fight from extremely far away, and you have Mobile Reflect on top of that, basically ensuring your complete and total safety.

Master Form Magnet lasts an eternity and it has infinite Reflect strings, making you effectively invulnerable while you have MP.

Limit Form has a fast combo with tremendous ground power (in exchange for useless air game), and with a combination of HP Gain and MP Rage, you can heal cheese through a lot of things.

Final Form has the mobile magic of Wisdom, automatic guard while doing anything, and huge power combos.

You can say that Drives get worse as the game goes on, but hold on, at the very worst, they are a resource based Elixir (which you actually accrue by taking damage, with Damage Drive), the same cannot be said for Formchanges.

And there's the matter that Final Firaga and Zantetsuken-Ars combos do heinous amounts of damage compared to base Sora in the endgame...
Damage Drive takes too long to build up meters, so Formchange has wayy more uptime than Drives do, so of course they won't heal you every time you go into one and of course they won't be quite as OP.
Need friends with LR leads and duped category/120% leads.
DBZ Dokkan Battle Friend ID: 2531127953

User Info: madhatta317

madhatta317
2 days ago#15
OhHiRenan posted...
Endgame Sora is undeniably more fun than playing as the Drive Forms, but don't forget you have to play an entire game to get to the endgame.

I use every single Form whenever I replay KH II. By the end of the game, I'm only using Limit and Final, but there are a ton of moments before the last third where Valor, Wisdom, and Master are useful.

Plus, they're fun to use and add variety to the combat. That's ultimately what matters most.

Exactly this. Also the way you level them and unlock growth abilities for base sora is fun and adds a layer of depth to the game

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
2 days ago#16
juarmo posted...
Damage Drive takes too long to build up meters, so Formchange has wayy more uptime than Drives do, so of course they won't heal you every time you go into one and of course they won't be quite as OP.
You can use MP charge to make the gain faster. It's very risk/reward but if you're in MP charge I found that the drive form gauge charges extremely fast. Formchanges are just easier to get because there isn't any form of meter management involved in getting them and you can keep them for ludicrously long times if you keyblade switch effectively. Both have their pro's and cons but i'd definitely say managing your drive forms is a harder process.
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135

User Info: Reltaw

Reltaw
2 days ago#17
I will agree with OP in that Formchanges are better than Driveforms mainly because they don't limit the player when it comes to using certain abilities like Magic, Mobility or even just Guarding. I also wasn't a big fan of leveling them up to gain mobility abilities (though the extra combat abilities like MP Haste/Combo Plus were fine). But saying that they were all useless in KH2 is a gross exaggeration (unless they are playing vanilla).

Also LimitForm is also my favorite Drive Form too.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ReverofEnola

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
2 days ago#18
Drive forms are good when summons are not available
You cannot stop me from getting inside
I am cold, I am hard and my name... is Reality

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
1 day ago#19
HEY HEY HEY! KH2 IS f***lNG GAY!
HEY HEY HEY!!!

User Info: SnakeHandss

SnakeHandss
1 day ago#20
In a way I have to agree with this. Not with the main content, but the title.

Final Form and Limit Form are totally superior to the others in almost every way, specially Final Form. It's not balanced at all. Like, once you get them, there's no reason to use Valor, Wisdom or Master, except for fun or if you like them.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. KH2's Drive Forms were so overrated, they were all useless save for Limit Form
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A