• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. KH2's Drive Forms were so overrated, they were all useless save for Limit Form

User Info: WizardHazard

WizardHazard
2 weeks ago#1
Endgame Base Sora has far more mobility than all the drive forms and since stats are capped around 80 for superbosses you don't get any stats boost from using 2 keyblades.

Final Form was just good for Firaga spam, other than that It's inferior to Base in every way.

At least with Keyblade transformations Sora actually gets stronger.

User Info: Devil_A

Devil_A
2 weeks ago#2
Obvious bait topic is obvious

WizardHazard
2 weeks ago#3
Devil_A posted...
Obvious bait topic is obvious
Uh no I'm serious.

Why would you EVER want to use Final Form when Base Sora is more mobile and your damage is CAPPED by strenght limit???

User Info: Tilt_Hard

Tilt_Hard
2 weeks ago#4
>drives overrated

When's the "Formchanges are overrated" topic?

>all useless save for limit
>the form with no reflect and a garbage air game

Nice SBK bait, I guess.

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
2 weeks ago#5
The only actually bad drive form was valor form since you couldn't use magic, it can't block and the damage it provides isn't worth the gauge it eats up. Everything else is really good but at the end of the day it ultimately depends on you to make the most use out of them. Form changes are very beginner friendly while drive forms can see you wasting them if you trigger them at a bad time (and i'm not talking about anti-form with that).
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135

WizardHazard
2 weeks ago#6
Tilt_Hard posted...
>drives overrated

When's the "Formchanges are overrated" topic?

>all useless save for limit
>the form with no reflect and a garbage air game

Nice SBK bait, I guess.
Limit form has Iframes destroys fights like Roxas or Acel you casual

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
2 weeks ago#7
WizardHazard posted...
you don't get any stats boost from using 2 keyblades.
You get an extra ability. By the way how many Formchanges have access to Combo Boost at Lv 1?

Final Form was just good for Firaga spam, other than that It's inferior to Base in every way.

>stronger ground strings
>ridiculously strong air strings
>cancelable finishers for crazy Revenge efficiency
>Mobile Magic
>straight better Reflect
>stronger Blizzard finisher
>AoE Thunder
>auto keys when jumping and Gliding

No.

At least with Keyblade transformations Sora actually gets stronger.

Are Light and Dark Forms actually more damaging than Base Sora using Ultima and both Combo Pluses? Haven't tested it but it's got to be close.

Why would you EVER want to use Final Form when Base Sora is more mobile and your damage is CAPPED by strenght limit?

You know KH2's stat caps are applied before the damage modifier of the attack you're using right?

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
2 weeks ago#8
WizardHazard posted...
Limit form has Iframes destroys fights like Roxas or Acel you casual
That's not why Limit's good nor effective against Roxas.

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
2 weeks ago#9
They are not. They are pretty fun and add good variety to battles. I kept using them for the whole game, even on Lvl 1, and all of them had their moments, multiple times.

The only one that truly becomes obsolete at some point is Valor, but even so, I did use it enough for the early game.
When you have all Drive boosting abilites and enhancements, so yes, Final Form will become the best one for the job, usually, but it is supposed to be exactly that, but again, it is very end game.

And again, they are fun. They have great movesets. They are really good, even at challenge runs. Having the effects of two keyblades at once, learning new abilities through them and the like also helped a lot.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: OhHiRenan

OhHiRenan
2 weeks ago#10
Endgame Sora is undeniably more fun than playing as the Drive Forms, but don't forget you have to play an entire game to get to the endgame.

I use every single Form whenever I replay KH II. By the end of the game, I'm only using Limit and Final, but there are a ton of moments before the last third where Valor, Wisdom, and Master are useful.

Plus, they're fun to use and add variety to the combat. That's ultimately what matters most.
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. KH2's Drive Forms were so overrated, they were all useless save for Limit Form
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A