• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Is the Double Form the same for both Oathkeeper and Oblivion?

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
2 weeks ago#1
Just curious, I only have Oathkeeper since I’m on my first critical run. I assume the other key blade in the double form is oblivion, even though I don’t have it singularly, no?

If that’s the case, is there some bonus for having both? I assume they probably have different stats?
Psn: EngGotStacks

User Info: GrandCross6

GrandCross6
2 weeks ago#2
its the same
"They were evil people, Amy. Blinded by their own lust for power." Sonic said gently, laying a hand on her shoulder.

EDawg
2 weeks ago#3
GrandCross6 posted...
its the same
Ah, I figured. Is it all the same? Stats and everything? Or you just meant the double form part? Is the dark form or whatever much different from light form?

User Info: DS977

DS977
2 weeks ago#4
Dark and Light Form have different grounded combo finishers, and Oathkeeper and Oblivion each convert a different type of small prize into the corresponding type of large prize.
"What is so funny, you imbeciles! How dare you get a happy ending! How DARE you!"

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
2 weeks ago#5
DS977 posted...
Dark and Light Form have different grounded combo finishers, and Oathkeeper and Oblivion each convert a different type of small prize into the corresponding type of large prize.
Dark and Light form also have a slight difference in their abilities. Dark form has dark syphon so you regain mp when taking dark damage.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

EDawg
2 weeks ago#6
Hirokey123 posted...
Dark and Light form also have a slight difference in their abilities. Dark form has dark syphon so you regain mp when taking dark damage.
So what’s the verdict, one seem to be better than the other? Since starting critical, and having Ultima weapon, I find myself thinking “I am severely gimping myself” every time I use something other than Ultima lol

O & O is the only other key blade I will probably use this run, and it’s only cuz the sentimental weight honestly

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier
2 weeks ago#7
Double Form itself is the same, but it builds off the stats and abilities of whichever Keyblade you entered it from, so in practice they're a little different.

When fully upgraded, Oathkeeper is 12/12 while Oblivion is 13/11. Others have already covered the abilities. On balance I'd call Oblivion better, but either one is a beast.
Sakurai did nothing wrong

User Info: Devil_A

Devil_A
2 weeks ago#8
EvenSpoonier posted...
Double Form itself is the same, but it builds off the stats and abilities of whichever Keyblade you entered it from, so in practice they're a little different.

When fully upgraded, Oathkeeper is 12/12 while Oblivion is 13/11. Others have already covered the abilities. On balance I'd call Oblivion better, but either one is a beast.

Id argue oathkeeper is better in the sense if youre doing crit, those hp orbs arent going to help much if you get 1-2 shot while you can deal with mp management consistently.

Its just a shame it doesnt get SC/OM in double form tho or even a combo boost.

User Info: NightmareGamma

NightmareGamma
2 weeks ago#9
I think Bio-Roxas did a pretty nice Breakdown of both swords, and it's slight differences =)

https://youtu.be/kws0hyFee1A

https://youtu.be/l0VDpAGmXGU

One thing I would have liked to see is that depending on which Keyblade you use for the transformation into double form the respective keyblade would then be put into his right hand. So if using Oblivion you have Oblivion in your right hand and Oathkeeper in your left (like Roxas) and when you use oathkeeper you have Oathkeeper in the right hand and oblivion in the left (like Sora does here).

Sadly, it is the same for both forms (so always Oathkeeper right and Oblivion left), regardless which Keyblade you use.

Minor Detail, yes, but it would have been nice to see them adding such a little detail =)
DRAGONBALL Z: BATTLE OF Z BEGINNERS GUIDE:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/720091-dragon-ball-z-battle-of-z/68467298

EDawg
2 weeks ago#10
NightmareGamma posted...
I think Bio-Roxas did a pretty nice Breakdown of both swords, and it's slight differences =)

https://youtu.be/kws0hyFee1A

https://youtu.be/l0VDpAGmXGU

One thing I would have liked to see is that depending on which Keyblade you use for the transformation into double form the respective keyblade would then be put into his right hand. So if using Oblivion you have Oblivion in your right hand and Oathkeeper in your left (like Roxas) and when you use oathkeeper you have Oathkeeper in the right hand and oblivion in the left (like Sora does here).

Sadly, it is the same for both forms (so always Oathkeeper right and Oblivion left), regardless which Keyblade you use.

Minor Detail, yes, but it would have been nice to see them adding such a little detail =)
Boooo! They should’ve made a unique form if you have both in your inventory. I hate simple color/palette swaps. I know, it’s a bit more to it than that, but u know what I mean.

From what I’m seeing, it seems if you‘ve used one, you‘ve essentially already used the other, which is unfortunate
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Is the Double Form the same for both Oathkeeper and Oblivion?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A