You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Disappointed there aren't any Final Fantasy characters in the game

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
3 days ago#1
Was surprise that other then moogles, there was no Final Fantasy characters at all. I was kind of hoping for things like Leon reuniting with Rinoa, one final battle with Sephiroth. Hell a part of me even wanted Gilgamesh as an optional boss battle. Got the impression it was because they ran out of ideas for Final Fantasy characters. Or because the series was more of a Disney game then Final Fantasy.

User Info: corpuscle

corpuscle
3 days ago#2
Indeed

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
3 days ago#3
The series has always been far far FAR more Disney than Final Fantasy.

KH1 was the only game to feature them and have a fair amount of screen time with them.
Probably only because it was the first game at the time and it needed something to draw people in.
Since then they have gotten increasingly less important.

Chain of Memories featured very very little
KH2 was a step down from KH1
358 Days featured little, if I recall correctly.
Coded was the same thing
BBS only had Zack.
DDD had nothing I think, except for moogles.
0.2 had nothing.

And now KH3 comes around, and also doesn't feature any FF characters.
Not a surprise in my opinion.
Especially with Nomura saying certain things before the game even came out.

Later on, they even went as far as to say they didn't think FF characters were necessary or something like that, and that Nomura was surprised at how many fans wanted them to appear.

They also said they wanted to focus more on the worlds and main story, than side characters.
And Nomura questioned if having a third Sephy fight would be too much (It is, in my opinion).

The next game may have more though, considering Nomura said he might've been wrong about how he thinks FF characters don't need to make an appearance.

:3
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: Tony15

Tony15
3 days ago#4
This is a case for me where I didn't need them, but it would've been really nice to see them. That said, to pretend like they were ever important to the main overarching plot of KH is to delude yourself. You're entitled to your disappointment though.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
3 days ago#5
Tony15 posted...
This is a case for me where I didn't need them, but it would've been really nice to see them. That said, to pretend like they were ever important to the main overarching plot of KH is to delude yourself. You're entitled to your disappointment though.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
3 days ago#6
Fudanshi
it needed something to draw people in.

Of course it was. I doubt very many people would have tried it if not for the unlikely pairing of FF and Disney. I do feel a bit of sadness that FF went the way of the Dodo in KH games, but at the same time, I wasn't really a fan of how they had to forcibly alter their personalities just to make them work in the games themselves and how they were mostly treated as background characters in the first place.
I told you... I... I want to destroy everything...
Everything... This crazy world... Even me...

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
3 days ago#7
I never understood why they needed the cameos at all when the original KH stuff like the story and characters is FF-like already.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
3 days ago#8
Kingdom080500 posted...
I never understood why they needed the cameos at all when the original KH stuff like the story and characters is FF-like already.

Market recognition, maybe? Use a well-known IP to draw in fans and then when you have a solid fanbase, dispense with the original IP?
I told you... I... I want to destroy everything...
Everything... This crazy world... Even me...

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
3 days ago#9
Kingdom080500 posted...

Because KH was a brand new series and FF was a very well established series, so having people come from FF would be a massive boost.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
3 days ago#10
Same. The game would have automatically been so much better with them around.
Or whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Disappointed there aren't any Final Fantasy characters in the game