You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. List of [old] music (and new versions thereof) in KH3.

User Info: Zak6009

Zak6009
1 week ago#11
Queen_of_Lazy89 posted...
You're missing Lord of the Castle which plays during Marluxia and Larxene's fight.

Ahhh... thought it sounded familiar, thanks! I thought it might have been new.

Zak6009
1 week ago#12
Also looking back I think the version of "Olympus Coliseum" that played in San Fransokyo, might have actually been closer to Road to a Hero.
Nice job on this! I unfortunately don't have much of anything to contribute right now, though I'm trying to make a list and categorize the new tracks in this game as well. Looking at your list, I think you're missing the The Other Promise/Vector to the Heavens medley for the Saix fight.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
1 week ago#14
I got teary when Always on my Mind played.
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

Zak6009
1 week ago#15
Thanks! And true, but since that's a mesh of two themes with some new original parts, I left that one out since it will probably be considered something new altogether.

The thing is a lot of the cutscene themes are full-on scores rather than simple loops like they have been up until now. I think during one of the scenes with Mother Gothel there was one that had a small bit of "Strange Whispers".
Ah, I see! That's true.

Yeah, I thought I heard a bit of that track. As for the scores, it's great having so many music pieces that were made to fit the scenarios, though it does make your and Youtube music channels' jobs harder when trying to record all the music in this game. :/
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy

Zak6009
1 week ago#17
Well I'm sure once the OST releases, it will be organized in whatever form intended and make its way to Youtube pretty quickly. KH1 had some tracks like that... and I think all the secret movie ones are like that as well. It'll be easier once there's a reference to put an official name to.
Hopefully. I know for FFXV, which Yoko Shimomura also composed a lot for, that there were quite a few specific scores in that game as well and unfortunately some of them were never released as part of the soundtracks. Of course, this is the KH series though and I'm not too knowledgable about the FF soundtrack releases anyway, so hopefully you're right. And you're also right about KH1 and the secret movies having them. At the very least, there'll definitely be theme names for aspects like the bosses.

User Info: Thorf

Thorf
1 week ago#19
Great to see this post, Zak6009!

The scoring of cut scenes in this game reminds me of FF IX — which had a separate CD release presenting just the cut scene scores, which were otherwise left out of the soundtrack release. I hope they either give us them on the regular soundtrack or release them on an extra album, because otherwise we're never going to have these tracks without sound effects. And they do contain some really nice stuff.

I'm surprised the soundtrack hasn't even been announced yet. I was expecting it to be released either just after release or within a month, but that timescale doesn't seem likely now that we're already almost three weeks past release with no word.

User Info: Thorf

Thorf
1 week ago#20
One thing I've been wondering... The new version of Bounce-o-Rama used in the 100-Acre Wood mini games... Is the speeded up version of this based on March-a-Long? They sound similar to me but I can't work out if it's an arrangement or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. List of [old] music (and new versions thereof) in KH3.