• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Is Tabata>Nomura is confirmed after this game?

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
1 week ago#81
feraldrgn posted...
TenchiHawkwing posted...
If not for Crisis Core and Type-0 I'd say Tabata was one of the worst at Square Enix.

This, Nomura has a far greater track record.
Though I'd only give Tabata CC, since Type-0 was another disappointment for me.

He did Crisis Core too? So FF XV was his third game where the main character died at the end. How peculiar.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 week ago#82
rrojas_1926 posted...
12th KH Game in a saga.

12? How in the hell do you get to 12 games?

Xyphas posted...
Nomura is working on arguably the most important rpg project of all time. KH additional content can wait lol

Nomura is working on Golden Sun 4? Damn, I hope he doesn't ruin it.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
1 week ago#83
Tabata was fine FFXV was a good game but he and his team were forced to rush it out in 3 years after starting from scratch by SEs higher ups, 2013-2016. That's why it felt so flawed and incomplete.
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#84
zombie_basher13 posted...
Tabata was fine FFXV was a good game but he and his team were forced to rush it out in 3 years after starting from scratch by SEs higher ups, 2013-2016. That's why it felt so flawed and incomplete.

That’s part of the reason, I agree. 3 years is a short time for a triple A game.

However, the decision to make the game open world, when the team was against it because they weren’t confident in that, and they didn’t have experience with such types of games, certainly did not help.

Asset creations for open worlds are very time consuming naturally, so I’d wager a lot of the development time and budget was dedicated to that.

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
1 week ago#85
meteora88 posted...

That’s part of the reason, I agree. 3 years is a short time for a triple A game.

However, the decision to make the game open world, when the team was against it because they weren’t confident in that, and they didn’t have experience with such types of games, certainly did not help.

Asset creations for open worlds are very time consuming naturally, so I’d wager a lot of the development time and budget was dedicated to that.

I like that they had that ambition going on and were determined to do it.

And at t least they have a foundation and experience built from it all. Of course they could just throw it all away too...
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#86
Billysan posted...
meteora88 posted...

I like that they had that ambition going on and were determined to do it.

And at t least they have a foundation and experience built from it all. Of course they could just throw it all away too...

True. It did take guts to go down such a path.

Shame it didn’t pay off (by that I mean the game being wholesome from start to finish, not the financial side of things).

I do hope they’ll build from that experience too.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 week ago#87
On the subject of incomplete games...

Which game had a damage control press release 1 week after its launch reassuring people that the game would totally get updates and fixes?

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 week ago#88
LuckyMouse posted...

Which game had a damage control press release 1 week after its launch reassuring people that the game would totally get updates and fixes?

All of them released this generation?
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Metroid Prime 4, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Octopath Traveler.
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 week ago#89
pichuscute posted...
LuckyMouse posted...

All of them released this generation?
Here's FFXV's reassurance post, or rather a reporting on it;
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-xv-free-updates-will-delve-deeper-into-the-story

Could you point me to KH3's?

User Info: Centurionzo

Centurionzo
1 week ago#90
CronoDyne posted...
Hypnofeet posted...
Excuse me?

When was KHIII ever an incomplete game?

It's clearly rushed with cut content, but it's a joke to compare it to FF XV. FF XV wasn't just unfinished, it was an incomplete concept. The entire second half of the game was rushed into a linear train ride. Important plot details happen off screen, relegated to DLC, outside media or the imagination of the player. Entire areas were scrapped. The entire ending section (the "dark world") was meant to be the third act of the game. There's entire mechanics dummied out of the game (Noctis can swim, for example). And the game is forever incomplete because of canceled DLC.

The icing on the crap cake is the amount of time and resources that went into completely unnecessary side content instead of finalizing the game. An anime series with a plot that should've been integrated into the game. An entire movie that should've been integrated into the game. THREE mobile tie-ins (the arcade game, the Beat-em-up prequel, and Pocket Edition) along with ports of those games. The dumb VR fishing game. The dumb online mode. Time-locked festival mini games. New editions of the core game with extra, but inconsequential content. It's like building fancy furniture before fixing the plumbing and electrical work in your house. You have some fun luxuries, but at the cost of necessities. To say Tabata cares about players is laughable. Tabata cared about turning a game from a franchise into its own franchise and milking for everything it's worth, at the expense of the player.

For what it is, Kingdom Hearts III is a complete enough game.

I not don't really blame Tabata, he clearly wanted the project to succeed, you can see in all his interviews, but like all his other games, he not only didn't have complete control over the project but also was forced to finish before he could complete the game
I still have no idea of what's happening
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Is Tabata>Nomura is confirmed after this game?
  • Topic Archived