• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. They should remake KH1 in the new engine

User Info: At_Witts_End

At_Witts_End
1 month ago#1
It's fair to say KH1 aged very poorly. The game feels....very empty, confusing, the combat is lackluster compared to Its follow-ups, and just generally...it's inferior to its sequels.

Here's my solution. Remake the game and expand the worlds, mechanic, and hell, replace most everything except the worlds....(minus Tarzan, replace that with Jungle Book)

Instead of rooms that look flat as hell in wonderland with a 5 second plot, have us explore Wonderland with Alice and meet all the iconic characters before the trial in Which a heartless disguised as Alice assaults the Queen...

Have Monstro be more similar to the actual good design that DDD gave us.

Have more to Neverland than Hooks Ship. Maybe Hooks Ship captures you still, but Pan and you break out to regroup with the Lost boys with Wendy and head back to save Kairi or something.

Have Agrabah be a 1 screen giant bustling city full of NPCs and Heartless.

Stuff like that.
KING K. ROOL IS FINALLY PLAYABLE!
FC: SW-4584-9593-4015

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
1 month ago#2
I dunno, I feel like KH1 aged fairly well, considering that they needed few upgrades for it to feature in 1.5, and even then, it looks pretty good and it plays good.

KH has a VERY strong art style. It managed to look the same for over a decade, without being outdated. Great animation as well. It is very consistent, music too. KH is overall pretty homogenic.

Compared to other PS2 games from that time, KH1 is quite the masterpiece! That gameplay and those graphics still hold up to today. It is amazing to think that KH is one of the few series where you have that kind of combat (aerial, ground, magic, party members happening in real time while you explore) in a full realized RPG world.

I feel like people forget about how big of a game KH1 is, really.

I mean, a remake is great, tho! Why not.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: BaronGrackle

BaronGrackle
1 month ago#3
The Level 1 mode should've been upgraded to KH2 style, so you still get key abilities without leveling up.

User Info: At_Witts_End

At_Witts_End
1 month ago#4
BaronGrackle posted...
The Level 1 mode should've been upgraded to KH2 style, so you still get key abilities without leveling up.

This is one of the QoL improvements I'm talking about, yeah!

And put in Critical mode.
KING K. ROOL IS FINALLY PLAYABLE!
FC: SW-4584-9593-4015

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 month ago#5
It’s platforming is really the only thing that aged poorly. The combat was always bad.

Just leave it how it is, it’s got this old school charm to it
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: aryacooloff

aryacooloff
1 month ago#6
kollie89 posted...
It’s platforming is really the only thing that aged poorly. The combat was always bad.

Just leave it how it is, it’s got this old school charm to it

combat, bad and kh1 are words that do not belong together
meow wow is best kh companion and this is an objective fact

User Info: Sonictiger99

Sonictiger99
1 month ago#7
I'd rather have KHII to be honest.

Or better yet, none. Let's just continue with the story.
Friend code is: 4613-7517-8203
IGN is: Nathan

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
4 weeks ago#8
Yeah, no. It's time to move on from the Xehanort saga. I'll ask for a KH1 remake 20 years later.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#9
Kingdom080500 posted...
Yeah, no. It's time to move on from the Xehanort saga. I'll ask for a KH1 remake 20 years later.

This.

User Info: aryacooloff

aryacooloff
4 weeks ago#10
wait until 2022
meow wow is best kh companion and this is an objective fact
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. They should remake KH1 in the new engine
  • Topic Archived