• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Will KH3 top KH1 and KH2?

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
1 week ago#1
That's a hard thing to accomplish. 1 and 2 are classics and two of the best games on PS2.
Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (PS4), Nioh (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS)
Awaiting: Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
1 week ago#2
No.

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
1 week ago#3
It’s already topped them in many ways.

User Info: mlk1227

mlk1227
1 week ago#4
probably in the fans eyes. the story seems to have everything and we've barely seen any of it.

User Info: Dark_twisted

Dark_twisted
1 week ago#5
Of course it will.
"Give me some MEN." - TheCurseX2
#TeamKick

User Info: Code_Geass_CC

Code_Geass_CC
1 week ago#6
It could top 1 in terms of gameplay, not hard to do so. 2FM is just one of those games though, where it's doubtful to ever be topped. But it doesn't need to be either. Will this vanilla KH game be better than vanilla KH2 though? Yes, and it's not even a question.

User Info: Kalshen

Kalshen
1 week ago#7
Depends, but I think it'll top KH1 and KH2 in multiple aspects. Its world's will probably be remembered as the best in the series, its music will likely be just as good as all the others, and its gameplay will probably be right below KH2 or around the same quality. Its story is a wildcard, but who knows it may surprise everyone, especially since its Disney worlds seem really well integrated into the main story based on the trailers we have seen.

TL;DR, multiple aspects of it will probably be remembered as the best in the series, gameplay will be below or on the same level of KH2, and for its story, who knows honestly, we'll just have to wait and see.

User Info: SNRGTCgamer

SNRGTCgamer
1 week ago#8
Possibly. Better gameplay than 1, better story and pacing than 2 is one way to look at it.
"You either die a noob, or live long enough to see yourself become a hacker."

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
1 week ago#9
Kalshen posted...
Depends, but I think it'll top KH1 and KH2 in multiple aspects. Its world's will probably be remembered as the best in the series, its music will likely be just as good as all the others, and its gameplay will probably be right below KH2 or around the same quality. Its story is a wildcard, but who knows it may surprise everyone, especially since its Disney worlds seem really well integrated into the main story based on the trailers we have seen.

TL;DR, multiple aspects of it will probably be remembered as the best in the series, gameplay will be below or on the same level of KH2, and for its story, who knows honestly, we'll just have to wait and see.

I get where you're coming from, but for me the music already isn't better than 1 and 2.

"Simple and Clean"(KH1) & "Passion"(Sanctuary)(KH2) absolutely blow "Don't Think Twice" out of the water. "Face My Fears" is certainly a better song than "Don't Think Twice", but it still doesn't come close to the main songs of KH1 and KH2.

And my god, that leaked KH3 title screen. What have they done to Dearly Beloved?!? They absolutely butchered it!
Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (PS4), Nioh (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS)
Awaiting: Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
1 week ago#10
cloud_8f8f posted...
And my god, that leaked KH3 title screen. What have they done to Dearly Beloved?!? They absolutely butchered it!

It’s the best rendition of the song by far.

Felt triumphant and epic!
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Will KH3 top KH1 and KH2?
  • Topic Archived