• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What's more important when it comes to KH3 to you? Gameplay or Story?

User Info: FlashSona

FlashSona
1 week ago#1
Which one is more important? - Results (165 votes)
Completely polished gameplay
58.18% (96 votes)
Well written story
41.82% (69 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I believe a good story could carry a bad game, and a good game could carry a bad story, but I would choose good gameplay over a good story.

User Info: ragekit

ragekit
1 week ago#2
The story has gone so far off the rails that it doesn’t matter for me anymore. If the game is fun I’ll get satisfaction from it.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
1 week ago#3
Gameplay over everything if I had to choose but in reality both would be my choice.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - http://i.imgur.com/kDysIcd.gif

User Info: ChickenBot

ChickenBot
1 week ago#4
Depends on a game-by-game basis but I agree with you TC. Each can carry the other but I generally favor gameplay; if it's not fun or at least creative in some way, I'm less likely to care about the story.

Last of Us for example, it's 80% the writing. I don't think the gameplay is super innovative but the writing is top-notch and the gameplay works in that favor, immersing you in the world and story. Whereas with DMC I feel the opposite; the gameplay's crazy fun and that's why I can enjoy the ridiculous story.

KH is a little special. I care a lot about the characters, and about the Disney nostalgia and immersion, so in that sense the writing is extremely important to me. But I'm also iffy on the overall story sometimes (especially the lore, hence why I couldn't get into UX)... but the gameplay always helps ease that because it's so engaging. With KH3 I kind of... care equally, but with the other KH games (and possibly all future ones) I'd say gameplay edges out story in terms of importance.
"After all we've been through. Everything that I've done.... it can't be for nothing."

User Info: SpardaStonerule

SpardaStonerule
1 week ago#5
See KH may have gone off the rails so to speak. But I've watched people play the games and understand to story. So while it's certainly buckwild it can still be followed. I want a satisfying conclusion to the Darkseeker Saga above all else. Gameplay is secondary, but not by much. I've enjoyed the gameplay of every PS4 port in the series. BBS and DDD may be lacking some of the pure fun of 1 and 2, but I still enjoyed them. 3 seems to be doing a good job combing all the elements I want.
PSN: DemonLordSparda

User Info: raonn

raonn
1 week ago#6
ragekit posted...
The story has gone so far off the rails that it doesn’t matter for me anymore. If the game is fun I’ll get satisfaction from it.

This
This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting and this is for fun.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 week ago#7
ragekit posted...

This pretty much.

I'd say i still enjoy the story purely from atmosphere, but i won't deny that i don't care much about how will the plot go.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: SNRGTCgamer

SNRGTCgamer
1 week ago#8
I'm in it for the story. Sure some gameplay elements look promising but my main motivation will be to see how the story will play out.
"You either die a noob, or live long enough to see yourself become a hacker."

User Info: JustSnilloc

JustSnilloc
1 week ago#9
SNRGTCgamer posted...
I'm in it for the story. Sure some gameplay elements look promising but my main motivation will be to see how the story will play out.
[J.S.] "The Lost King"
0==={}:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::{}===0

User Info: Drizzy_Drizake

Drizzy_Drizake
1 week ago#10
They are both equally important to me
In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces - Zapp
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What's more important when it comes to KH3 to you? Gameplay or Story?
  • Topic Archived