• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. So, what happened to Kairi's original Personality?

User Info: Wake_Wind

Wake_Wind
1 week ago#1
So, Sora, Riku and Kairi are the first actual characters we see at the very beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1 on Destiny Islands (back when we all thought it was 6 kids stranded on an island Lord of the Flies style).

We had Sora: the ditzy, adventurous idiot who was actually pretty cool and kind of relatable for other kids at this time

Riku: Mr. CooledgeMcGrimDark who seemed cool at the start and had a friendly competitive streak with Sora. And

Kairi: The fun, giggly girl who would playfully make fun of her friends and whack them on the head for no reason.

Throughout the games, the characters go through types of development, but keep their true personalities intact for the most part, except for Kairi? Why is this? She goes from fun, ditzy and giggly to a sock puppet in less than a year.

What happened?

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
1 week ago#2
Seems the same to me aside from he fact she's older.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - http://i.imgur.com/kDysIcd.gif

Wake_Wind
1 week ago#3
Like I said, she went from "Sora you lazy bum *punches him in head* are you still dreaming?"

To

"Thinking of you wherever you are, we pray for out sorrows to end...(long poetic thing about destiny or desires or some s*** that doesn't seem like something most 15 year olds even think about)"

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
1 week ago#4
Wake_Wind posted...
Like I said, she went from "Sora you lazy bum *punches him in head* are you still dreaming?"

To

"Thinking of you wherever you are, we pray for out sorrows to end...(long poetic thing about destiny or desires or some s*** that doesn't seem like something most 15 year olds even think about)"

You do realize that quote was from KH1, right? Linger around the main menu and you'll see it. Also, in that same game she hardcore roasted Sora saying he was completely hopeless without them, so idk what you're referring to, guy.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

Wake_Wind
1 week ago#5
Kingdom080500 posted...
Wake_Wind posted...

To

You do realize that quote was from KH1, right? Linger around the main menu and you'll see it. Also, in that same game she hardcore roasted Sora saying he was completely hopeless without them, so idk what you're referring to, guy.

I know it's in the menu. But she wrote that in the game when she put that letter in a bottle and Sora got it.

The point is her entire personality flipped. One line where she roasts Sora doesn't reflect how she is for the entirety she's in the game. For most of KH2 she seems way too pensive and aloof, which is completely different from how she was in 1.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 week ago#6
oh no a girl is doing poetry, this completely erases her existing personality
Loves of my Life: Sora and Namine | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus
(message deleted)

Wake_Wind
1 week ago#8
HipsterSora posted...
oh no a girl is doing poetry, this completely erases her existing personality

Oh come on don't be like that. You mean to tell me she behaves just like she did in Kh1? It's not a drastic change. But it is noticeable. Did Sora or Riku's personalities change that much? Sora is still an adventurous idiot and is okay with that. Riku is still edgyMcDarkness but jovially calls Sora a total sap.

Like come on you seriously don't see it? And did we even get a hint that Kairi was the "poetic" type in Kh1?

Wake_Wind
1 week ago#9
FallenStar2565 posted...
Wake_Wind posted...
I know it's in the menu. But she wrote that in the game when she put that letter in a bottle and Sora got it.

The point is her entire personality flipped. One line where she roasts Sora doesn't reflect how she is for the entirety she's in the game. For most of KH2 she seems way too pensive and aloof, which is completely different from how she was in 1.

Couldn't be that she lost both of her best friends that she changed, now could it? Especially one to whom she was "particularly" close to... Nah, that can't be it. Not at all.

I mean..Sora lost them both too for the longest time, fought evil monsters that wanted to kill him, fought Evil Darkness Man, and twisted Organization members that wanted to do nefarious experiments on him.

How much did he change? Same goes for Riku, but arguably worse. Heck even when he thought Riku might have been killed, his personality was largely the same. His interactions with Saix and Xigbar are still in tune with himself: "Are you done rambling?" and "I'm supposed to believe that?"(with a s*** eating smirk on his face no less).
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. So, what happened to Kairi's original Personality?
  • Topic Archived