• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Damn, this game better succeed for Square Enix

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
1 week ago#1
Tabata left Square Enix, and cancelled the FFXV DLCs except episode Ardyn.
They lost 33 million dollars.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/final-fantasy-15-dlc-canceled-director-hajime-taba/1100-6463112/
That's right. Sasukefire's existence is worthless and should disappear!
Ragna: Gauntlet- BAKA GA!

User Info: Drizzy_Drizake

Drizzy_Drizake
1 week ago#2
Sucks I was kinda looking forward to hopefully seeing the story fixed up more
In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces - Zapp

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
1 week ago#3
I wonder if it would have been better if they'd waited to release it. Were people just not coming back for the dlcs? They made their initial money at least
https://youtu.be/MvYApd_X3aU

User Info: trimmzy

trimmzy
1 week ago#4
There are a lot of sides to blame. Square for announcing the game far too early and moving its director to other projects. Tabata for trying and failing to understand his target audience. The executives who pushed for a release that wasn’t properly polished yet. The game was just okay, nowhere near the caliber of the VII-X glory years. We’ll likely never get back to that quality from Square, unfortunately.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#5
trimmzy posted...
nowhere near the caliber of the VII-X glory years. We’ll likely never get back to that quality from Square, unfortunately

Sakaguchi helmed Square for those years; if he hadn't failed so badly with The Spirits Within, he might still have been in charge and Square wouldn't have declined so much.

At least Nobuo's health issues explain why he's not their top composer (and with Mitsuda and Yoko around, Square at least could have had some decent backups for him), but getting rid of Sakaguchi just for that one failure was a mistake, IMO. That and the merger.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: LeafOnTheWind42

LeafOnTheWind42
1 week ago#6
FallenStar2565 posted...
and with Mitsuda and Yoko around, Square at least could have had some decent backups for him

And Yasunori Nishiki, the man who composed Octopath Traveler. Man has one credit to his name, and it's a masterpiece. Square would be wise to utilize him again, and not just for the (hopefully) inevitable Octopath sequel
New account of perrycox42. Moving to this to stay in line with my standard username nowadays

User Info: SoraOwnKeyblade

SoraOwnKeyblade
1 week ago#7
FallenStar2565 posted...
At least Nobuo's health issues explain why he's not their top composer

That has nothing to do with it. It's because he left Square years ago and went into freelancing, only occasionally collaborating with them on projects he's interested in working on. The hiatus he took for the sake of avoiding health complications is a recent thing.
So sayeth the ruler of Bethos.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#8
LeafOnTheWind42 posted...
And Yasunori Nishiki, the man who composed Octopath Traveler. Man has one credit to his name, and it's a masterpiece. Square would be wise to utilize him again, and not just for the (hopefully) inevitable Octopath sequel

Can't say I've ever heard of the man, but if you say he's a good composer, I believe you.

Still, I think Yoko's proven herself quite well - from the old SNES days to the modern day. And Mitsuda's Chrono series scores are perhaps the best parts of both games - especially Chrono Cross.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: SNRGTCgamer

SNRGTCgamer
1 week ago#9
LeafOnTheWind42 posted...
FallenStar2565 posted...
and with Mitsuda and Yoko around, Square at least could have had some decent backups for him

Just don't expect that sequel game any time soon. The team over at Silicon Studio has shifted back to its main project series and have plans to continue forward with the world of Bravely Default.
"You either die a noob, or live long enough to see yourself become a hacker."

User Info: LeafOnTheWind42

LeafOnTheWind42
1 week ago#10
You haven't heard of him because he has one soundtrack to his name. A couple of odd arrangements or individual songs in anime before that, but the only actual credit he has is Octopath. You can't explain away a masterpiece as beginner's luck. Man is talented

Don't get me wrong, Yoko is still my absolute favorite composer. I loved her work before I even knew who she was, back when I played Legend of Mana. But Nishiki is a man who needs to be hired again
New account of perrycox42. Moving to this to stay in line with my standard username nowadays
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Damn, this game better succeed for Square Enix
  • Topic Archived