• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What's the point of Donald and Goofy in the series?

User Info: CcXs

CcXs
2 months ago#1
They don't add much to the plot, and they don't do much during combat. Also they are very one-dimensional characters who barely have anything to do with the plot.

I wish that for Kingdom Hearts III that Square Enix would've replaced Donald and Goofy with Riku and Kairi as your main allies.

User Info: Selt_Jr422

Selt_Jr422
2 months ago#2
Bait thread

User Info: CcXs

CcXs
2 months ago#3
Selt_Jr422 posted...
Bait thread

No it's not. I'm being serious.

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
2 months ago#4
If the FF characters don't matter like people here pretend, then I don't want here how TC is wrong.
Gamefaqs' mobile ads are horrible.

User Info: Supp0rtN0thing

Supp0rtN0thing
2 months ago#5
CcXs posted...
I wish that for Kingdom Hearts III that Square Enix would've replaced Donald and Goofy with Riku and Kairi as your main allies.

Maybe to come off as more Disney inclusive back then. It would come off as a bunch of kids on an expedition to a new comer if it were just Sora, Riku and Kairi exploring Disney worlds.

Then again, Days is maybe an example of what youre talking about? Where (occasionaly) the party is strictly plot related characters. That was my first game and it got me into the series so surely it couldn’t be a totally bad idea to ditch Donald and Goofy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3RQMxeXDQ
(message deleted)

User Info: Mythtaker

Mythtaker
2 months ago#7
FRiEndShiP

User Info: whitehawk1986

whitehawk1986
2 months ago#8
I think initially it was too bridge the Disney characters with the FF and Original elements in the first game. Mickey they obviously wanted to tease for a sequel if the game did well, so Donald and Goofy are the next two choices. I personally would have preferred a KH3 without them in the the party, or in a lesser role at least, but whatever.
"Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear."

User Info: Goldglizz

Goldglizz
2 months ago#9
DeepThroat0 posted...
If the FF characters don't matter like people here pretend, then I don't want here how TC is wrong.

?

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
2 months ago#10
DeepThroat0 posted...

They dont matter, kid. Get over it.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. What's the point of Donald and Goofy in the series?
  • Topic Archived